Volkswagen Group (VWG) is one of the UK’s largest car retailers encompassing premium brands such as Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Trade Parts Specialists, Volkswagen Paint and Body and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles.
Our network of Volkswagen Group approved Paint and Body Centres delivers a first class service to customers using teams of highly trained experts and the same paint, parts and materials that are used at our factories.
Our apprenticeship programme gives you the opportunity to become part of this network, working within an approved body shop and receiving world class training from our industry experts.
Our Paint Technicians work within the Volkswagen Group Approved Repairer network to help return our customers vehicles back to factory standards following accidents including bumps and scrapes. This means that our customer’s vehicles will become as good as new.
About the Paint Technician Apprentice role:
Paint Technicians are responsible for preparing vehicles to be painted after damage has occurred or once panels have been replaced. This will include repairing minor scratches to match the rest of the vehicle. Some of the day to day duties include:
- Ensuring all parts have been stripped from the vehicle in order for it to be painted
- Sanding down relevant area and adjoining area for blending
- Masking out areas to be treated
- Etching and priming areas to be treated
- Selecting matching and mixing colours using the approved Volkswagen Group colour palette
- Spray painting panels or vehicle parts using a variety of techniques to ensure a factory standard finish.
Training will be delivered over a number of block release weeks a Volkswagen Group Approved training centre in Milton Keynes. Accommodation and transport will be provided as required. Here, our expert trainers will guide you through the training programme using a combination of e-learning, classroom learning and practical application. You will learn in fully equipped workshops using a range of vehicles.
When you return to your workplace, your personal, dedicated mentor will support your continued learning as you apply the skills and knowledge you have gained at the Learning Centre.
This is a fully rounded training experience where you will build life skills that last and gain both Apprenticeship qualifications and brand standard certifications.
On successful completion of the three year programme you will receive the following:
- Level 2, progressing to Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair Paint Principles (VRQ)
- Level 2, progressing to Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair Paint Competence (VCQ)
- 2 x Apprenticeship Completion Certificates (at L2 & L3)
- Level 2 Award in Employment Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
- Brand specific certifications
Volkswagen Group (VWG) is one of the UK’s largest car retailers encompassing premium brands such as Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Trade Parts Specialists, Volkswagen Paint and Body and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. This network of retailers spans the UK, providing a wide range of career opportunities.
Once your apprenticeship is complete, you will continue your learning journey and you will have the opportunity drive your career forward. Some of our apprentices have gone on to become team leaders and managers within the retail network or even joined our team at Head Office in Milton Keynes.
Minimum entry requirements
GCSE grades A – C (new grades 9 – 4) or equivalent in English, Maths and Science.
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English, Maths and either a Science or Technical subject. Standard Grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted.
‘Equivalent’ grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
Our ideal candidate will be creative and with an artistic nature. You should be able to demonstrate attention to detail in the way that you work and be committed to delivering a precise finish to your work.
We are looking for people who are passionate about our industry and our brand. Some of the personal skills that you should think about showing us in your application are:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Strong communication
- Customer Service
- Interest in vehicle engineering
REGISTER YOUR CV