Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship 30144 30144
This listing has expired
Working with the experienced business owner, you will learn the skills to become a top class painter and decorator. You will enjoy a variety of jobs, new locations, varied clients and no two weeks will be the same!
This is a fantastic opportunity to help grow this successful painting and decorating business. It is a full time role where, alongside your level 2 studies, you will learn and also put into practise all aspects of domestic painting and decorating.
You will learn all the practical skills of the role (including preparing surfaces, priming and painting, woodwork treatment, different finishes, feature walls and wallpapering). Don’t worry if you don’t know how to do any of that yet – this is a training role and you will learn by doing!
In time you will also learn about building client relationships – through providing quotations, colour consultations, taking briefs and managing projects. Again, full training and practical exercises will help you put these skills into practice.
As part of the apprenticeship you will need to attend college one day per week and do 30 hours across 4 days on the job. There may also be an opportunity to earn overtime if you are busy! A candidate with a good work ethic, a friendly and easy-going nature and a keenness to learn will find this a very rewarding role with opportunities for progression.
You could go on to do:
A level 3 in decorative occupations.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company. You will be fully supported and trained on the job by the company
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
Ideally you would have your own transport – as each week will involve working at a different client’s house – across Stockport and South Manchester.
What you should have to apply
If you don’t have grade C/4 GCSE in maths and English you will do functional skills whilst attending the training centre.
• Friendly, easy going, positive attitude
• Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
• Punctual, reliable, honest and hard working
• Committed to trying your hardest and giving 100% effort at work
• Exceptional attention to detail and able to work to a high standard
• Ideally maths and English functional skills or GCSE. If not, you will work towards this whilst attending college.
• Willing to learn the skills needed to be a painter and decorator.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – confident and happy speaking to customers
REGISTER YOUR CV