Part Sales Executive
Part Sales Executive
Trade Parts Specialists (TPS) was the first trade operation to be owned and run by an automotive manufacturer – Volkswagen Group UK Limited.
This means we can offer the ultimate Trade experience delivering Volkswagen Group Genuine Parts™ to our customers daily. Every TPS Centre’s extensive parts stock is maintained by the Volkswagen Group and is dedicated to the needs of our local Trade Customers.
We’re still growing and constantly evolving to meet the needs of our customers. There has never been a more exciting time to join our business and be part of our team.
The Parts Sales Executive Apprentice role:
This is a key role, interacting with different areas of the Centre in a dynamic working environment.
Over the course of the apprenticeship you will develop your knowledge of a wide range of products to understand the purpose of vehicle parts and how they function. You will also develop life skills such as teamwork, leadership and communication while you work both behind the scenes and at the front desk.
The role requires you to be professional and approachable so that you can accurately assess customer requirements, advise them on parts required and process orders efficiently in a busy environment.
You will be involved in sales to help drive our business forward so confidence and a commitment to customer care are essential.
As a Parts Sales Executive some of your key objectives will include:
- Accurately assessing customer part requirements
- Using your product knowledge provide advice to customers
- Stock control
- Maintenance of accurate paperwork for Centre and customer records
- Efficient processing of customer orders
- Delivering high levels of customer service
- Contributing to the delivery of sales targets
Training will be delivered over a number of block release weeks at the National Learning Centre in Milton Keynes. Accommodation and transport will be provided as required. Here, our expert trainers will guide you through the training programme using a combination of e-learning, classroom learning and practical application.
When you return to your workplace, your personal, dedicated mentor will support your continued learning as you apply the skills and knowledge you have gained at the Learning Centre.
This is a fully rounded training experience where you will build life skills that last and gain both Apprenticeship qualifications and brand standard certifications.
On successful completion of the two year programme you will receive the following:
- Level 2, progressing to Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Principles (VRQ)
- Level 2, progressing to Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Competence (VCQ)
- 2 x Apprenticeship Completion Certificates (at L2 & L3)
- Level 2 Award in Employment Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
- Brand specific certifications
Volkswagen Group (VWG) is one of the UK’s largest car retailers encompassing premium brands such as Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Trade Parts Specialists, Volkswagen Paint and Body and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. This network of retailers spans the UK, providing a wide range of career opportunities.
Once your apprenticeship is complete, you will continue your learning journey and you will have the opportunity drive your career forward. Some of our apprentices have gone on to become team leaders and managers within the retail network or even joined our team at Head Office in Milton Keynes.
Minimum entry requirements
GCSE grades A – C (new grades 9 – 4) or equivalent in English, Maths and Science.
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English, Maths and either a Science or Technical subject. Standard Grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted.
‘Equivalent’ grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
Our ideal Parts Sales Executive Apprentice will be an outgoing, confident and approachable problem solver who can deliver excellent customer service.
We are looking for people who are passionate about our industry and our brand. Some of the personal skills that you should think about showing us in your application are:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Strong communication
- Customer Service
- Interest in vehicle engineering
- Business, Finance & Law
- Creative, Fashion & Digital Media
- Customer Service
- Energy & Renewables
- Hair & Beauty
- Health, Child Care & Education
- Hospitality & Travel
- I.T. & Telecoms
- Landbased / Environmental
- Motor Vehicle
- Sport & Fitness
- Transport & Logistics
- Accountancy & Financial Management
- Armed Forces
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Construction & Building Services
- Consumer Goods & FMCG
- Financial Services & Insurance
- Hospitality, Leisure & Travel
- HR & Recruitment
- Investment Banking & Investment
- IT & Technology
- Law Barristers
- Law Solicitors
- Logistics, Transport & Supply Chain
- Management & Business
- Marketing, Advertising & PR
- Media, Journalism & Publishing
- Public Service, Charity & Social Work
- Quantity Surveying & Building Surveying
- Retail, Buying & Merchandising
- Science & Research
- Teaching & Education