Throughout Volkswagen we have a rigorous commitment to quality and excellence. Our products are highly acclaimed, our processes for distribution and support services are world class and we have some of the most technologically advanced resources in any industry.
The Volkswagen Apprenticeship Programme is designed to train and develop apprentices to keep pace with advancing technology and high levels of customer service. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to receive formal qualifications through extensive product training whilst in full-time employment at one of our retailers.
The Parts Advisor Apprentice Role
The Parts Department is at the heart of our operations. Our Parts Advisors are responsible for the stock control of a wide range of vehicle parts and accessories. This includes the ordering, selling and managing of stock to ensure that we meet the needs of our trade counter customers and to guarantee that our workshop team have the parts and accessories that they need to complete their daily tasks.
Your duties will vary from day to day and could include:
• Providing advice to customers who are having problems with their vehicles
• Taking sales orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
• Stock control for vehicle parts and accessories
• Maintaining an ordered stock room
• Raising invoices for parts sold
• Liaison with internal teams to ensure the correct stock is place at the right time
Training will be delivered over a number of block release weeks at the National Learning Centre in Milton Keynes. Accommodation and transport will be provided as required. Here, our expert trainers will guide you through the training programme using a combination of e-learning, classroom learning and practical application. You will learn in fully equipped workshops using a range of vehicles that are specific to your brand.
When you return to your workplace, your personal, dedicated mentor will support your continued learning as you apply the skills and knowledge you have gained at the Learning Centre.
This is a fully rounded training experience where you will build life skills that last and gain both Apprenticeship qualifications and brand standard certifications.
On successful completion of the two year programme you will receive the following:
• Level 2, progressing to Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Principles (VRQ)
• Level 2, progressing to Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Parts Competence (VCQ)
• 2 x Apprenticeship Completion Certificates (at L2 & L3)
• Level 2 Award in Employment Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
• Volkswagen specific certifications
Volkswagen Group (VWG) is one of the UK’s largest car retailers encompassing premium brands such as Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen, TPS, Volkswagen Paint and Body and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. This network of retailers spans the UK, providing a wide range of career opportunities.
Once your apprenticeship is complete, you will continue your learning journey and you will have the opportunity drive your career forward. Some of our apprentices have gone on to become team leaders and managers within the retail network or even joined our team at Head Office in Milton Keynes.
Minimum entry requirements
GCSE grades A – C (new grades 9 – 4) or equivalent in English, Maths and Science.
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English, Maths and either a Science or Technical subject. Standard Grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted.
‘Equivalent’ grades include:
• BTEC first diplomas and certificates
• OCR Nationals
• Key Skills Level 2
• Essential Skills (Wales)
• Functional Skills Level 2
• Core Skills (Scotland)
Our ideal candidate will be methodical in their way of working and be able to demonstrate precise attention to detail.
As a central point of contact for both of our internal and external customers you will need to have excellent communication skills. You also should be IT literate (although full training will be provided)
We are looking for people who are passionate about our industry and our brand. Some of the personal skills that you should think about showing us in your application are:
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
• Strong communication
• Customer Service
• Interest in vehicle engineering
- Business, Finance & Law
- Creative, Fashion & Digital Media
- Customer Service
- Energy & Renewables
- Hair & Beauty
- Health, Child Care & Education
- Hospitality & Travel
- I.T. & Telecoms
- Landbased / Environmental
- Motor Vehicle
- Sport & Fitness
- Transport & Logistics
- Accountancy & Financial Management
- Armed Forces
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Construction & Building Services
- Consumer Goods & FMCG
- Financial Services & Insurance
- Hospitality, Leisure & Travel
- HR & Recruitment
- Investment Banking & Investment
- IT & Technology
- Law Barristers
- Law Solicitors
- Logistics, Transport & Supply Chain
- Management & Business
- Marketing, Advertising & PR
- Media, Journalism & Publishing
- Public Service, Charity & Social Work
- Quantity Surveying & Building Surveying
- Retail, Buying & Merchandising
- Science & Research
- Teaching & Education