Payroll and Benefits Apprentice
This listing has expired
Founded in 1965, SAGE is a leading independent, academic and professional publisher of innovative, high-quality content.
Known for their commitment to quality and innovation, SAGE has helped inform and educate a global community of scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students across a broad range of subject areas.
- Payroll and HRIS
- Develop a basic understanding of standard payroll processes and objectives
- Support the Payroll and Benefits Specialist ensuring all administrative and tasks relating to payroll and Human Resource Information System – HRIS are accurate and up to date
- Keep filing and all payroll administration up to date for personal files and reporting to HMRC
- Suggest ways of improving and innovate existing processes
- Assist where required with new HRIS system implementation/testing.
- Develop a basic understanding of the company’s benefits and eligibility rules.
- Assist in dealing with employee queries.
- Ensure benefits information is up to date and accurate within the Human Resources policies and procedures & any updates are reflected on published versions for example on the Intranet
- Assist with preparation for Benefits workshops including liaising with our benefits third party benefits intermediaries JELF on organising speakers, scheduling sessions, sending out invites to the UK office, preparing any handouts for distribution, setting up the room on the day, assisting the speakers on the day
- Assist with developing employee awareness initiatives. This could include organising lunch and learn sessions, designing infographics or utilising the noticeboards
Absence / Holiday
- Collate and upload absence information onto the Human Resources Information System
- Produce the monthly absence report sheets for the department administrators
- Run and prepare monthly reports for Absence
- Suggest ways of improving and innovate existing processes and workflows
You may be required to undertake work or specific projects in areas other than those specified above.
You will have the opportunity to learn Digital Skills to fulfil the requirements of the role.
All you need is EEWAP – Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action.
You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Employer Partnerships team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
All you need is EEWAP which is:
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN
ABILITY TO TAKE FEEDBACK
PROPENSITY TO TAKE ACTION
REGISTER YOUR CV