Procurement Internship – Commodity Buyer Graduate 10373644
This listing has expired
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of
around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European
leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest
space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and
determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and
experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in
Description of the job
Start date: 2nd July 2018
Duration: 12 Months
The Procurement function is responsible for securing all external resources to support Airbus business operations. As a
company Airbus procures a significant proportion of each aircraft it builds, from suppliers across the globe. Commodities
required to directly produce an aircraft include everything from nuts and bolts to high value cutting edge computers for flight
control systems. Furthermore, the Procurement function also secures raw materials for use in our factories, the equipment and
buildings on our sites, as well as all the materials and services required to continue our business operations. In short, a
significant proportion of Airbus annual turnover is defined through the contracts that Procurement negotiates and manages, and
as such this function is a key contributor to the financial success of the company; specifically, bottom line performance.
– Support the Commodity Manager in the leadership of the procurement commercial aspects within a Commodity team
– Negotiation of liability and value related to non-recurring cost claims in line with the procurement process and programme
targets. Providing forecasts to assist in setting of these targets.
– Preparing and negotiating supplier counter-claims.
– Preparing and negotiating contract amendments.
– Supporting cost reduction and optimisation projects where required.
– Contribute to the procurement risk management process within the commodity team.
– Support the supply chain team to ensure all contractual leverage is applied to secure on time and quality delivery of all parts
and rate ramp-up.
– Support the Procurement multi-function team leaders in managing the monthly meetings and co-ordinating the actions from
– Raising purchase orders and processing payments in SAP.
– Monthly reporting of procurement status.
You must be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement, studying towards a degree in one of the following
– Team player
– Ability to prioritise workload
– Attention to detail
– Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment
process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary
aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications
irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV