Project Support Officer Apprentice Level 4 (Telford)
This listing has expired
Here at HMRC we’re all motivated by the same goal – getting tax right, for everyone.
As one of the UK’s most digital organisations we’re leading a technology revolution across government. HMRC runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers. Our digital programme is multi-award winning and the envy of other government organisations.
Our multi-disciplinary, agile teams create and build digital services around our customer needs. With a growing network of state-of-the-art digital delivery centres, we’re not afraid to try new ways of working and are leaders in the field of new technologies including automation and robotics.
As a Project Support Officer, you will cover a diverse range of activities to support the delivery of the project’s objectives. You will enable the smooth running of the project by supporting the project manager through the operation of project management processes, and the co-ordination of business management actions and activities on their behalf. The role will enable the development of Agile Project Management and will help you develop the skills required to assist and lead others in using Agile Methodology.
- Planning and scheduling – Assist with and maintain appropriate systems to enable effective planning and scheduling.
- Monitoring and reporting – Assist in maintaining project controls and in producing project reports.
- Admin – Responsible for project file management using robust version control. Organise key project meetings and provide secretariat support.
- Resources – Management of staff as appropriate, including their development.
- Stakeholder – Assist with maintaining the stakeholder engagement for internal and external stakeholders. Act as the focal point for project responses to external requests for information.
- Financial control – Assist with the monitor of project spend and contribute to the compilation of budgets. Maintains an accurate asset register for the project.
- Risks and Issues – Assist with and maintain risk and issue logs, escalating as appropriate.
We are looking for someone who is:
- self-motivated, professional and open to continuous learning
- innovative, flexible and a good communicator
- competent in understanding and using business cases
- able to identify customer and stakeholder requirements
- an organiser who is proficient in scheduling, organisation and prioritisation
- a great Collaborator – be good at forming and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Adaptable and capable managing change and changing priorities
- able to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with business problems to influence key stakeholder.
- GCSE in Maths & English Language at A*-C or equivalent
- Any A-level or Level 3 related qualification
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
REGISTER YOUR CV