Reception Administration Business Apprentice – Northolt (UB5) – 16347
This listing has expired
Belvue School is a secondary special school for young people with moderate and severe learning difficulties. We are committed to providing an outstanding and inclusive education for the young people and have a positive and stimulating environment with a range of wonderful learning opportunities. We offer a very broad and yet personalised curriculum in order to meet the needs of each learner and allow them to achieve their potential. The school has exceptional outdoor and woodland learning spaces and strong community partnerships.
Belvue School are currently seeking an ambitious individual for a Receptionist Business Administration Apprentice position in the School in the Northolt area.
- To undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone, face-to-face enquiries and signing in visitors.
- To assist with pupil welfare, directing pupils and staff, liaising with parents, staff etc. keeping the office area tidy and well organised.
- Assist with arrangement for visits by school nurse, social workers, therapists etc.
- Provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, e-mailing, complete routine forms.
- Maintain manual and computerised records/ management information systems.
- Undertake typing, word processing and other ICT based tasks.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Undertake routine administration e.g. printing emergency lists, checking registers, providing kitchen dinner numbers.
- Operate office equipment e.g. photocopier, computer, franking machine etc.
- Arrange orderly and secure storage and recording of deliveries.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- To adhere to school health and safety policy including risk assessment and safety systems.
- To adhere to school policy on equality and diversity.
- To contribute to the overall ethos and aims of the school.
- To appreciate and support the roles of other professionals.
- Participate in training opportunities and professional development as required.
- Undertake similar clerical duties commensurate with the level of the post as required by the Head teacher.
- Good communication skills, effective listening, verbal and written communication, with a confident and clear telephone manner.
- Good computer and keyboard skills.
- Mature and positive attitude.
- Warm and friendly nature.
- Desire to work in a customer facing role.
- Follows instructions and procedures well.
- Ability to be mentally alert at all times to ensure vigilance with visitors and safeguarding.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Ability to work constructively within a team.
- Ability to participate in development and training opportunities.
5 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4pm
£180 per week – Term time only
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV