Reception / Administrator Apprentice
Reception / Administrator Apprentice
Originally one of the most famous pottery factories in the world, Hoults Yard is a large site, providing office space, event space, industrial units and storage facilities.
Buildings aptly named The Kiln, The Old Forge, The Pattern Shop and The Teapots provide office space, art studios and much more.
The Clock Tower Café, at the very heart of the yard, offers the perfect meeting place for potential clients, somewhere to spend your lunch break or a great spot to catch up with your neighbours from around the yard.
Currently, over one hundred businesses occupy space within the Yard, ranging from the creative, digital, industrial, and corporate.
We are currently looking for a full-time Receptionist/ Administrator Apprentice to work within our small team based in Newcastle, to provide high quality customer service as the first point of contact between visitors and Hoults Ltd, in person and by telephone.
- Ensure existing Tenants and anyone enquiring about business premises receive high quality customer service and support
- Show customers around the business yard facilities and support the Centre Manager and Business development Manager with administration process
- Maintain the system for tenants move in, transfer and move out of the business yard including all paperwork, issue and programming of keys and fobs
- Manage the parking system administration and update schedules daily.
- Operate the reception telephone as required. To carry out telephone system administration including call management systems
- Provide high and consistent standards of corporate hospitality
- Maintain social media / website updates, produce Mailchimp newsletters and marketing / event materials
- Provide appropriate records and produce relevant management information
- Produce documents for internal and external use professionally and efficiently
- Assist in the preparation of appropriate procedures for the tasks of the department and to follow and deliver them effectively
- Liaise with external organisations, contractors and suppliers, especially in relation to event organisation and management, building/equipment maintenance issues and signage
- Answering phones, taking messages and directing calls to the appropriate staff members
- Creating monthly newsletters on Mail chimp
- Update website information using Word press
- Updating and posting on social media sites
- Updating centre information and forms
- Routine credit control calls on a weekly basis
- Assisting staff and dealing with enquiries within our self-storage business including signing up new customers
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Dealing with customer queries
- Post sorting and distribution
- Stationery ordering
- Meeting room preparation and clearance
- Using computer system to book meeting rooms and catering facilities
- Opening, locking and alarming warehouses for our self-storage customers
- Maintenance of the onsite key system including daily checks and regular updating of the key database due to tenant movements
- Taking credit card payments both in person and over the telephone
- Daily banking of cheques and updating payments to customer accounts on CentreCharge software system
- Archiving accounts information in a timely manner
- Filing duties
- Ad hoc accounts work as required
- General administration duties
- Cash machine – routine top-up and emptying
- The ideal candidate would be IT literate and numerate
- Knowledge of MS Office packages is essential and knowledge of Mail Chimp and WordPress would be desirable
- The candidate would also be familiar with all aspects of social media
- Demonstrate a commitment to your continuing personal development
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV