Receptionist/ Catering Assistant Apprenticeship VAC-38610
You must be prepared to work a varied shift pattern in accordance with the business needs which may fluctuate from time to time.
• Greet and serve customers with the highest level of customer service
• Marketing – Promoting the business
• Deal efficiently with phone and email enquiries
• Train and use various computer software systems
• Advise customers and handle a wide range of enquiries on a variety of products
• Handle money and train on how to take card payments
• Membership Sales including taking potential members on tours around the centre to show them what facilities we offer and offer a price presentation
• Attend outreach events to promote the centre
• Cold calling as part of the membership sales process
• Undertake other duties as directed.
Catering Assistant duties:
– ensure customers are served quickly and efficiently
– establish and maintain good relationships with customers
– be accountable for cash handling
– ensure the counter area is kept presentable, clean and well stocked using stock rotation procedures
– to ‘up-sell’ in a customer focus manner
– assist in ensuring high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained throughout the Catering areas
– prepare salads and vegetables
– prepare filled sandwiches and baguettes etc.
– cook a selection of basic food dishes ensuring correct portion control is maintained
– prepare a selection of party foods (hot &cold)
– to fully understand and implement hygiene legislation governing the preparation, handling and storage of food and drinks
– ensure the vending machines are kept presentable, clean and well stocked using stock rotation procedures
– to deal with all customer queries relating to vending service
What will you gain?
• Level 2 in Customer Service
• Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT Level 1
On completion of the apprenticeship there may be opportunities to develop further into other roles such as administrator, receptionist, membership advisor!
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 30 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £150.00
Application Deadline: 06-12-2018
Possible Start Date : 13-12-2018