Company: The Muswell Hill Practice
Address: 1 Dukes Ave, London N10 2PS
Job Title: Receptionist/Administrator apprentice
Interview Time / Date: TBC
Interviewers: Natalie Kerwatson
• Booking appointments according to practice system
• Receiving patients with appointments and dealing appropriately with patients without appointments
• Dealing with telephone calls and enquiries, and taking messages accurately
• Operating the telephone system, transferring calls and making calls as requested
• Processing payments for non-NHS services.
• Identifying any potential emergency situations and alerting the appropriate doctor
• Passing any complaints to the Practice Manager or partner
• Filing correspondence in patients’ medical records
• Scanning incoming post into the computer system
• Sorting incoming notes into chronological order
• Receiving payments for non-NHS services and recording details, including paying patients from overseas and issuing receipts where requested.
• Ensuring that requests for repeat prescriptions are handled promptly.
• Make ambulance bookings as requested.
• Receive specimens, ensure correct labelling, and enter results of tests into register and pass messages onto patients.
• An understanding of and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality.
• An ability to use own judgement and resourcefulness, whilst seeking advice appropriately.
• To be reliable and flexible to the changing needs of the practice.
Days of work: Monday to Friday
Hours of work: 35 hours per week (over 5 days)
Pay Rate (if Apprenticeship): Starting salary £5.00 p/hr – reviewed after 6
Please be on time and dressed smartly.
Please think about the role you would be performing and try to understand the key tasks – ask your Jobwise Training CRM if you are unsure of anything.
Please remember to research the company. You will need to remember 3 things about the company from their website as you will be asked this question in interview.
Please remember to think of some questions to ask during your interview – these can be about the company or the industry. It is important to have at least one question planned.
REGISTER YOUR CV