• Welcoming patients to the surgery
• Providing general information, assistance and directing patients in accessing the appropriate service
• Answering the telephone and transfer calls to the appropriate healthcare professional
• Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and consultations and dealing with requests for home visits, changing appointments
• Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
• Registering new patients and ensuring all necessary information is obtained and entered.
• Updating patients’ medical records as required
• Assisting patients with the completion of any forms, as necessary
• Filling, faxing, photocopying and scanning organisational documents, records, patients’ documentations
• Facilitating effective communication between patients, members of the health care team and visitors
• Checking, filling and issuing prescriptions to patients and resolving any issues patients may have in relation to a prescription request
• Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
• Assisting in typing referrals and reports
• Reporting any problems with the premises, medical equipment or the running of the practice to the manager
• Ensuring the reception area, notice-boards, the entrance remain tidy and welcoming
• Undertaking any other administrative duties that may arise from time to time to assist in the smooth running of the practice
• Support Administrator to the Reception Manager/Practice Manager
• Strong communications skills– both verbal and written, including courteous and confident telephone manner
• Good attention to detail and accuracy
• Organised and systematic in approach to administrative functions
• Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Empathetic and patient, willing to take time to understand patients
• Motivated, proactive and willing to work as a part of the team
• Understands the importance of confidentiality
• Keen to learn and willing to put in the extra work to achieve all aspects of this programme
• Has GCSEs in Maths and English
• Flexible and able to start just before 8:00am and able to finish at 7:30pm
Days of work: Monday – Friday
Hours of work: 37.5hr/week
Traineeship leading to an Apprenticeship
Please be on time and dressed smartly.
Please think about the role you would be performing and try to understand the key tasks – ask your Jobwise Training CRM if you are unsure of anything.
Please remember to research the company. You will need to remember 3 things about the company from their website as you will be asked this question in interview.
Please remember to think of some questions to ask during your interview – these can be about the company or the industry. It is important to have at least one question planned.
Company: Lilyville Surgery
Address: 630 Fulham Road, Fulham, London, SW6 5RS
REGISTER YOUR CV