Recreation Assistant Apprentice
Recreation Assistant Apprentice VAC-45253
We are looking for a Recreation Assistant Apprentice, who is passionate about working in the leisure industry. The Recreation Assistant will be responsible for maintaining the service delivery and cleanliness of the Centre, reporting to the Duty Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the
safety and enjoyment of those using the Centre!
This will be a varied role within the club and your main duties will include:
• Preparing activity areas to include the safe setting up/dismantling of equipment and ensuring that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
• Monitoring and helping to maintain a safe and comfortable leisure centre environment by implementing organisational maintenance schedules.
• Ensuring the highest possible standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained by carrying out routine and other cleaning tasks when required.
• Assisting customers with enquires in a friendly and effective manner, proactively developing and maintaining high standards of customer care.
• Working as part of a team to ensure the smooth operation of the facility.
• Taking occasional responsibility for the induction and development of new members of staff.
• In a wet-side facility, supervising the safety of the swimming pool environment and working to prevent accidents and emergencies.
• Meeting the training and development requirements of the job role.
Reception duties including telephone enquiries and face to face enquiries
• Working within the job role description at this level, recognising the standards and professional limitations that this provides, referring to appropriate members of staff for guidance and support.
• Maintaining a safe pool environment through excellent lifeguarding practices
• Carrying out regular cleaning and maintenance regimes
• Preparation of activity area and equipment
• Attendance at regular pool training
A Recreation Assistant is responsible for the cleaning, preparation and general safety of areas in a sport and recreation facility.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 30 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £220.00
Application Deadline: 07-10-2019
Possible Start Date : 14-10-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV