Recreation Assistant Apprenticeship VAC-27847
This listing has expired
This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door and gain nationally recognised qualifications. This is a 12-15 month apprenticeship, training will be provided to work towards an NVQ Level 2 in Leisure
Operations and RLSS National Pool Lifeguarding qualification.
This will be a varied role within the club and your main duties will include:
– In a wet-side facility, supervising the safety of the swimming pool environment and working to prevent accidents and emergencies.
– Preparing activity areas to include the safe setting up/dismantling of equipment and ensuring that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
– Monitoring and helping to maintain a safe and comfortable leisure centre environment by implementing organisational maintenance schedules.
– Ensuring the highest possible standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained by carrying out routine and other cleaning tasks when required.
– Assisting customers with enquires in a friendly and effective manner, proactively developing and maintaining high standards of customer care.
– Following Normal and Emergency Operating Procedures.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
The position is also subject to a successful DBS check.
Through work experience, coaching, training and development (both practical and vocational), and from completing a structured learning programme to obtain work related qualifications, develop and demonstrate both an understanding of and capability to carry out the activities of a practising Leisure Assistant / Lifeguard.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 32 hours per week inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £112.00
Application Deadline: 08-01-2018
Possible Start Date : 15-01-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV