Retail Store Manager Apprenticeship VAC-41286
This listing has expired
Our 600 stores and our 1,700 retail staff across the UK, brought in £22.7 million last year. As the most successful retail chain in the charity sector, our stores raise more money for our cause than anyone else on the high street. Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. Your input could directly influence the life-saving research that makes the difference.
Salary – £16,634 + excellent benefits
• Achieving agreed sales targets and maximising profit for the Charity
• Encouraging the donation of quality goods to increase income through Donated Stock and Gift Aid
• Effectively recruit, develop and retain staff
• Analyse shop financial data using your understanding of budgeting and forecasting to take the appropriate action, helping the Charity increase its yearly profit.
• Using effective management and a proactive attitude to minimise stock loss of new goods
• Utilising your sales skills to maximise profits on the shop floor
• Relationship building with shop teams and volunteers to maintain a motivated and engaged team
• Assess the skills and potential of the volunteer team and delegate accordingly
Alongside your day to day role you will work towards your Retail Team Leader Level 3 apprenticeship through Lifetime Training which will take 15 – 18 months.
As part of your apprenticeship you will gain a range of skills and development opportunities to enable you to achieve success:
• Participate in regular coaching reviews to analyse own performance and learning
• Complete monthly modules via online platform and record own learning as required
• Be willing to travel to workshops and training activities as required
• Complete all mandatory assessments (including mock assessments and end point assessment)
• Compile evidence pack and complete assignments as required throughout the 12 month apprenticeship programme
Find out more about our Retail Teams and what it’s like to work in our shops by visiting cruk.org/workinourshops or by downloading a candidate pack below: https://sway.office.com/D6HLUE8PFzhwaXh3?ref=Link
If shortlisted for this role, your details will be shared with Cancer Research UK and Workday. By choosing to register as a candidate you consent to the terms of the Privacy Statement (https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/privacy-statement) and are agreeing to your information being held and used as described above, particularly, you agree to your personal details being used by Workday as part of the recruitment process and for equal opportunities monitoring.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 37.5 Hours a week, shift work
Weekly Wage : £319.88
Application Deadline: 21-01-2019
Possible Start Date : 28-01-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV