Apprentice Paint Sprayer 30278 30278
This listing has expired
About this opportunity
Taylor Engineering and Plastics have an exciting opportunity in their finishing department for apprentice paint sprayers. You will be mentored throughout your qualification by experienced senior paint sprayers within the workshop.
A normal day would include:
• Keeping the workshop clean and tidy
• Learning how to use tools and equipment used in the workshop
• Learning safe working procedures in the workshop
• Assisting other operatives with their work whilst receiving on the job training
• Learning about preparing materials for painting
• Learning how to repair minor paint defects
• Learning how to apply fillers and foundation materials
Taylor Engineering and Plastics, originally founded in 1949, has five sites in the Rochdale area and employing over 150 staff.
What you could go on to do:
Progression onto a level 3 apprenticeship in paint refinishing with the possibility of internal promotion and training within the business into areas such as team leading, site management and robotic spraying. The company is extremely keen to recruit driven candidates who want to progress within the company. In particular, those with a mechanical and/or technical interest may find the opportunities advantageous.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role. This will take the form of off the job training one day a week at our state of the art SkillCentre along with on the job training provided by experienced paint sprayers.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
What you should have to apply
GCSE grades A-C/4-9 or functional/key skills level 2 in maths, ICT and English are essential.
Ambitious, with a desire to progress within the organisation
Excellent practical skills
Ability to work quickly but also pay attention to detail
Ability to work well within a team as well as on your own
Good communication skills
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
REGISTER YOUR CV