RPO Administration Apprentice
RPO Administration Apprentice
Here at the National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER), we are passionate about education. Our mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere and to support positive change across education systems.
Founded in 1946, NFER is a not for profit charity and the UK’s largest independent provider of research, assessment and support services for education. Our clients include schools, UK government departments and agencies at both national and international level.
Around 215 people work at NFER, and we are now looking for a business administration apprentice to join us while you study for a recognised qualification. You will have the chance to acquire and develop new office and business skills and gain experience working with a friendly and hardworking team, where collaboration and communication skills are highly valued.
You will undertake a variety of administrative duties across the Research Department and provide support on research projects while achieving your Level 3 City & Guilds qualification.
For your placement in the Project Coordination Team within the Research Department you will be:
- Working on large-scale projects
- Ensuring that tasks are completed accurately and within the agreed timelines
- Telephoning schools and other organisations for recruitment or data collection purposes; responding to telephone and email queries from schools, local authorities and other organisations
- Assisting with packing and dispatch of materials, questionnaires and assessment tests to schools
- Checking in returned materials and accurately recording information in Excel
- Supporting preparations and the effective running of events
- Producing documents and spreadsheets using Word and Excel
Working in our Support Departments (e.g.: Human Resources; Finance; Facilities; Sales, Marketing & Impact), you will be assisting the administrators with clerical and computer work, which could include:
- Processing purchase orders, invoices, expenses and payments
- Responding to staff enquiries and business requirements
- Administering recruitment processes and maintaining HR records
- Contributing to learning and development projects
- Supporting preparations and the effective running of workshops/events
- Creating business documents and training materials.
We are committed to creating relevant opportunities to support your ongoing learning and development to help you achieve your Diploma. This might include:
- Developing and delivering a presentation
- Contributing to improving business processes
- Chairing and leading meetings
- Resolving complaints
- Leading a small project or contributing to a larger one.
You will receive training on our in-house systems and have the opportunity to develop your planning skills.
As part of the apprenticeship, 20% of your work time will be allocated to your development and training. You will attend external workshops and meet with your Diploma Skills Coach regularly.
We are proud to be a learning organisation, focused on improving performance and helping our staff be the best that they can be. We support ongoing learning and development, offering a range of opportunities to help you grow. When you join us you will receive a tailored induction programme plus on-going support from the Learning & Development Manager as well as your line manager for your placements.
You will need:
- An attention to detail, ensuring your work is accurate and free to mistakes
- Experience of working effectively in a team
- Good telephone skills – able to listen and gather information, respond appropriately, answering queries and giving guidance as appropriate
- Good work planning skills and the ability to complete tasks on time
- A flexible attitude and an ability to respond to changing priorities
- A proactive approach, happy to take the initiative.
- GCSEs in at least 5 subjects with English and Maths at Grade C/4 or above
Working at NFER:
Based in our office at Upton Park in Slough, this 13 month full-time training apprenticeship pays a salary from £6.20 per hour (for those 18- 21) to £7.70 per hour (for those aged 21 to 24). Anyone aged 25 and over will be paid £8.50 per hour.
We work a 35 hour week, normally 9.15am to 5.15pm with one hour for lunch. Working patterns may vary according to business needs.
We offer a generous holiday allowance, made up of:
- 30 days annual leave
- 8 bank/public holidays
- Up to 4 additional discretionary days offered at the CEO’s discretion.
We are based in a modern head office environment only 10 minutes from the town centre.
Refreshment facilities are located in “The Zone”, a comfortable area where staff can meet and relax; vending machines selling a variety of snacks, sandwiches and drinks are available as well as a microwave and toaster facility for staff.
There is plenty of free parking in our spacious leafy grounds and bike shelters are also available if you want to cycle to work.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV