Service Desk Analyst Apprentice
This listing has expired
Like the business builders we serve, Sage began as a start-up. Our founder David Goldman wanted to automate accounting processes in his own business. He worked with a team of Newcastle University students in the UK to develop software to make it happen—and realised other businesses could benefit from this too.
In 1981, he formed Sage. In 1998, Sage came to North America with the acquisition of leading desktop accounting software, Peachtree.
Today, Sage has 13,000 employees and serves over three million customers in 23 countries across mainland Europe, Africa, Australia, Asia, and Latin America.
Reason for the Job:
Why do we have this role?
As part of the IT Service Desk Team, the apprentice role will actively provide extraordinary colleague support for Sage UK & Ireland region. Provide first level support for technical colleague inquiries and requests by logging, prioritizing, resolving and/or assign all calls, email, web tickets, and walk-up requests reporting technical problems within IT Colleague Services. Responsibility for problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps. Typically, is able to resolve less complex problems immediately, while more complex problems are escalated to more senior level service desk analysts for review and resolution.
Key areas of responsibility:
- To be responsible for all support activities, delivering a high-quality support service to all Sage UK & Ireland colleagues
- Effective troubleshooting, to assist in the resolution of user problems in an effective and timely manner
- Help draft user documentation to support changes implemented for applications for both self-service and cross skilling
- Help the on-going stability of existing IT systems
- Initiate research into relevant technologies and tools to increase effectiveness and deliverables to avoid recurring issues
- Mitigate any factors that may affect the team’s support performance
- Identify opportunities for improvement and help the team implement them
- Generate an understanding of the risk and impact of issues arising in the different areas across Sage to enable prioritisation
- Prioritising tickets effectively within agreed timelines, to meet or exceed colleague expectations
- Maintain a predictable level of performance and quality by achieving or exceeding agreed service levels and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensuring clear understanding and communication of all changes, risks, issues and dependencies, which impact Sag.
Need to Do:
Key Deliverables & KPI’s:
- Support of all Service Desk support contacts via phone, self-service & Desk visits.
- Building effective relationships, based on trust and support, across all levels of Sage
- Consistently delivering KPI’s for ticket and call queue in line with team goals
- Develops solutions in response to colleague feedback
Work with others across Sage to achieve business objectives and strategy, whilst maintaining customer services and quality standards.
- Seek input from colleagues to truly understand their needs
- Exceed colleague expectations
- Maintain positive colleague relationships
- Use interpersonal skills to identify and meet customer’s needs at every opportunity
Innovate & think creatively:
- Identify and formulate imaginative solutions to meet business needs
- Learn from mistakes, keeping things simple and focused on our priorities
- Initiate and support change, promoting the benefits of continually trying to improve processes
- Respond positively to change requirements and act as a role model to others
- Encourage boundary breaking and address change resistance
- Appreciation of the benefits of software support and maintenance disciplines and processes
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Operating Systems and Office applications
- Knowledge of Apple and Linux Operating Systems is preferable
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Office 365 would be beneficial
- Initiate and recommend improvements to tools, methods and processes within technical areas
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent customer services skills
- Effective communicator
- Able to adapt to significant changes in either technology or environment
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV