Service Desk Analyst Apprentice – Kentish Town (NW5) – 16811
This listing has expired
This is a leading Engineering and Construction Company.
Job overview / purpose:
Currently seeking two Service Desk Analyst Apprentices to join our IT Service Desk Team.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone and email
- Log all calls in the ITSM tool (Cherwell)
- 1st line remote support of IT related problems (software and hardware), including, but not limited to, laptops, mobile phones and printers
- Troubleshoot basic network issues
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status on behalf of the user and communicate
- Progress in a timely manner to maintain agreed SLAs
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Provide basic in-house training in MS Office applications used within the business (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Publishing Knowledge Base articles to assist users with requests and training
- Active Directory tasks such as creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups, file permissions etc.
- Installation of software via SCCM or by manual install
- Escalate unresolved calls to the Operations (2nd line) and Infrastructure (3rd line) support teams
- To provide a high quality service which meet SLAs and internal KPIs
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisation skills and be willing to learn
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High attention to detail with problem solving skills
- An interest in IT systems and technology
- Excited to begin a career in IT
Desired qualification requirements:
The candidate will have at least 5 GCSE’s (C and above) including Maths and English.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£14,000 per annum
Benefits / Future prospects:
- Dress down Friday’s
- Great sociable team
- Great family ethos amongst staff
- Staff canteen with cooked meals
- Central location in London
- Increase in salary upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Company bonus
- 27 days annual leave
- Pension contributions
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV