IT SERVICE DESK APPRENTICE – INTQ262
This listing has expired
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a IT service desk apprentice.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after and the skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible chance at starting your professional career in the industry.
The company require a proactive IT Technician with an aptitude for communication and interest in Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Windows.
Quickly assimilating new technologies, being able to apply what is learnt and showing a genuine enthusiasm for the technology are critical to this position’s success.
This role will initially be involved in:
· Providing support for the internal systems, including Active Directory and Exchange.
· Become a valued part of the IT Support team.
· You will be assist in customer projects and support activities as skills allow.
· Gain on the job experience and be able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
· Help the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors we partner with, to deliver the IT Support services to our clients.
· Learn how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming Helpdesk emails.
· Working on the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales.
· Work on resolving the first line support where capable, and work with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues.
· Help clients using (predominantly) Microsoft operating systems and applications, so a good understanding of these would be very useful.
· Update company systems.
About the Company
The Company have over 15 years experience working with a variety of organisations from SME’s right up to global bluechip companies. They specialise in secure, reliable, highly available cloud hosting and managed services. They also have indepth experience with manufacturing and petrochemical sectors. This uniquely places the company to be able to offer cutting edge infrastructure services that meet strict demands.
The Company provide hosted services directly from our own cloud stack located at the Wilton International Site, Teesside.
Qualifications & training
Qualifications & Skills Required
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. Have a friendly personality, able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. The company are looking for someone with a positive, can-do attitude from someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
· You will have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
· You will have a good telephone manner and a positive outlook.
· You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
· An interest in IT is mandatory!
You will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining the Microsoft certifications MTA Cloud Fundamentals, MTA Network Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation and CompTIA A+. This apprenticeship is delivered remotely via a live virtual classroom using the very latest Microsoft technologies. These qualifications are globally recognized industry certifications and form the significant building block of IT knowledge for anybody looking to start a career in IT.
Location TS10 – Redcar, Teeside
Working Hours Monday – Friday – 9.00am – 5.00pm (1 hr Paid lunch break)
Wage £150 Per Week – £7,800 Per Annum
REGISTER YOUR CV