Software Developer Apprentice
Software Developer Apprentice
We are a Portsmouth based Microsoft Gold Partner, specialising in SharePoint and Office 365 services, Bespoke Development, SQL Server databases and Business Intelligence. We have customers throughout the UK in a range of sectors including manufacturing, retail and charity. We also perform a wide variety of work.
The consultancy team works with the very latest technologies, with an increasing emphasis on client-side development using AngularJS, JQuery, ReactJS, Typescipt, HTML5, CSS3 to complement existing systems in C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server.
Our Apprentices work as an integrated part of the production team, gaining first-hand experience of all aspects of the business.
This will include:
- Software architecture, design, development and testing
- Database design and Power BI reporting systems
- Networking infrastructure and security, with an emphasis on cloud-based systems
- First and second-line support
- Onsite consultancy work
- Cloud services configuration and customization
Students are exposed to a wide range of work for clients – from local businesses such as Wightlink Ferries to global corporations such as Pfizer. A well-structured support system is provided through our experienced consultancy team. We believe that apprentices gain the most from the year by being given proper responsibilities as a key part of the delivery team. We have excellent feedback from previous students.
AMT Evolve is an equal opportunities employer.
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual hoping to start their career in IT. The role of the Apprentice Software Developer is to provide support to the consultancy team by maintaining live systems and carrying out new build work for clients.
Main role and responsibilities:
- The role will be varied, covering support, design, development, configuration and test, and therefore the ideal candidate will be flexible and willing to apply themselves to a range of tasks
- There may also be an opportunity to experience onsite consultancy work
- Working closely with our consultants, the candidate will be supported within our friendly team
- Within this role, the successful candidate will not only build a sound knowledge of modern cloud and web technologies but also confidently apply their skills
- They will gain experience working directly with clients
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- A genuine interest in and aptitude for software development and database design
- Aptitude to learn new technologies
- Good grasp of basic programming principles
- Ability to work as part of a team, working cooperatively and productively with others
- A flexible approach, with the ability to be adaptable to a range of tasks
Please note, we do not necessarily expect candidates to have experience of these specific technologies. However, we do expect the candidates to have a good grasp of basic programming and database techniques.
- Microsoft SQL Server and Power BI
- Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365 Platform
- Microsoft PowerApps and Flow
- An A-Level in a similar subject
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least a Level 3)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
37.5 hours per week. (Monday – Thursday, 8:30am – 5:00pm, and Friday 8:30am – 3:00pm)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV