Software Developer Level 4 Apprentice – Bristol (BS32) – 13741
This listing has expired
Do you have a passion for IT and technology? CGI are looking for individuals who want to develop a career within the IT Industry.
You will be working for…
CGI a global company, employing over 5,000 people in the UK. Get the best of both worlds when you earn and learn as a Higher IT Apprentice with CGI. They are the world’s 5th Largest Independent IT and Business Service Provider and they are looking for Apprentices as exciting opportunities have arisen for apprentices to join the ERP Application Delivery Centre (ADC) team based in Bristol.
Be part of QA’s 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
The opportunity we are offering involves working with more experienced developers in Agile development teams to help build Java applications for CGI clients, including:
- Developing good quality Java code with sound syntax Developing professional user interfaces for at least one channel (web and/or mobile)
- Effectively link code to the database using SQL and/or data layer technologies
- Test: Can test code using either V-model manual testing and using unit testing.
- Problem solving: Can debug own code and understand structure of programmes in order to identify and resolve issues
- Basic Design: Following best practices and standards can create simple data models and software designs to effectively communicate understanding of the programme
- Strong problem solving capabilities;
- Good Communication skills;
- A passion for new technology; ideally some exposure to a modern programming language.
We are looking for someone with ideally:
- A-Levels or equivalent in STEM subjects (Maths, Computing, IT etc.);
- 64 UCAS points gained across 2 A-levels or equivalent
Other important information:
- DBS check will be required.
- Candidates need to have lived in the UK for 5 years with no breaks of 28 days or longer and have an unrestricted right to live and work in the UK.
- You can expect to be traveling to client sites or other CGI sites.
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 5:30pm
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV