Software Developer/Tester Apprentice – Manchester (M2 4) – 16664
This listing has expired
Whatever your role at Arrow Global, you’ll be encouraged to be bold, think creatively and realise your potential, they’ll give you the freedom you need to be dynamic, take ownership and make a real difference.
They understand that they are successful because of their people. So, they are creating a culture that builds from within, opens up new doors, provides the training and support their peoples need to achieve their ambitions and be their best.
They also look after their colleagues and value their contribution with attractive salaries, a wide range of benefits and an excellent working environment.
Job overview / purpose:
Do you have advanced knowledge of Software Development and C#?
Have you recently completed a Software Development Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship and are looking for an exciting opportunity to complete a Software Development Technician Level 4 Apprenticeship?
Then apply today.
Arrow Global have an opportunity for an Apprentice to join their new team within the business, contributing to test planning and development.
The role contributes directly to organisational objectives as the business has a strong growing reliance on IT systems.
This role will develop against those systems to help drive the business forward.
Decisions and developments worked on can have wide-ranging impacts, as the role will be working on a variety of systems that underpin the day-to-day operation of the business.
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
Start with a 18-24 month Software Development Level 4 Apprenticeship.
The successful candidate will become an important member of the new team and duties will include the following:
- Adhere to Testing Strategies and Methodologies to test the complex suite of interlocking databases and applications in the Arrow estate
- Contribute to test planning and development
- Work closely with Developers, BAs and PMs to ensure quality testing is taking place and provide updates on defects and issues
- Perform integration and regression testing of all products (internal and third party)
- Be involved in development process
- Arrow Global are looking for someone with the ambition and drive to learn more and eventually secure a role within software development/testing
- They will support you by providing the opportunities to work alongside people with a wealth of experience to develop your skills and knowledge.
- You will be proficient with technology and have an advanced knowledge of the various programs used in software development (C#, SQL etc.)
In addition to the passion for IT, you will also be:
- A strong communicator
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Technically minded
- An excellent problem solver
- Logical and an analytical thinker
Desired qualification requirements:
- Ideally you will hold 7 GCSE’s including Maths & English at grades A* – C / 4 – 9 (or equivalent)
- You will have completed a Software Development Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship or equivalent
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£18,000 per annum
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package
- Pride themselves on rewarding success with their excellent bonus scheme and incentive package
- They also have very interactive subsidised events, colleague engagement teams, employee recognition and development programs
- 25 days holiday rising to 30days (plus opportunity to buy/sell)
- Pension scheme – company matching up to 5%
- Life assurance 4x salary
- Private medical insurance / Health plans
- Income protection
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme / Gym flex / Gadget scheme
- Free fruit and hot drinks
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship, you should expect to experience in the following:
- Experience with the Microsoft Testing Suite (Visual Studio, Test Manager etc.) and test automation software
- Experience with TFS or other source-controlled environments to support best practice
- Experience in writing test scripts, defining scenarios and outcomes, designing test cases etc.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience in using Defect Management Tools (Mantis, Jira etc)
- An understanding of SQL Server and .NET technologies, though not a hands-on role so no requirement for complex SQL skills
- Experience with third party testing tools (Selenium, TestRail, etc.)
- Able to read and understand technical requirements document
- Experience of working in an Agile environment with the ability to work in a sprint based manner, as well as experience in Waterfall environments
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV