Software Development Apprentice
This listing has expired
This is an amazing opportunity for someone with great knowledge in Java looking to kick start their career in Software Development through the apprenticeship scheme!
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
About the Team:
We are part the global Asset Servicing Technology team and responsible for providing technology solutions to multiple business lines in the EMEA region.
We do so by looking to the best industry standards in terms of our Software Development Lifecycle practices and technology, which we utilize to achieve our goals:
- We believe in Agile & Iterative principles focusing on delivering frequently and as well as embracing regular feedback from our customers at all stages of the process
- We have started our journey towards Continuous Integration and Deployment to become our standards practices
- We deploy our solutions as Docker images to the company’s internal cloud
We are on the front-line of the bank’s technological revolution aiming to significantly reshape the technology landscape underpinning our products and services. We spend our time on designing, developing and engineering our products from the ground up to simplify, automate and unify business processes for our end users.
About the Role:
As a Software Developer Apprentice, you will build a software developer skillset working with our internal cloud and utilizing our core CI and Build toolsets. You will help us further strengthen our Continuous Deployment and Environments Management practices.
You will have the opportunity to work with a cross region team of technologist that will help you to build on your core development skills in Java, Angular and Python with the option to specialize. You will build knowledge and understanding around the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, development and testing requirements using agile and iterative frameworks. You will have opportunity to learn skills in a DevOps capacity and contribute to improving our deployment frequency and speeding our time to market by constantly amending and automating our development processes.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our NEW apprenticeship programme at BNY Mellon in London. You will be working towards a Level 4 Software Developer Apprenticeship. This role promises the opportunities to develop new skills alongside career progression.
- Design, build and test software around API and front end application tiers
- Design and implement scripts (e.g. Jenkins jobs / pipelines, shell / Python scripts etc.) to automate builds, tests suites and deployments
- Environments Management: assist in environments provisioning, orchestration and patching
- Assist with release management and code promotion from development to production environments on our internal cloud
- Practical knowledge of Unix shell scripting or Python
- Very good and practical understanding of Jenkins (including Jenkins Pipelines) and Gitlab-C
- Appreciation of a variety of architectural styles such as Service Oriented Architectures including Microservices, Event Driven Architectures, Client-Server Architectures etc
- Basic understanding in software development within a broad range of the following technologies: .NET & .NetCore, C#, SQL, Cloud Architecture, Angular, Java, REST APIs)
Personal qualities / skills:
- Good time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Collaborative approach to work
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies and roles
- Ability to self-start on work items assigned to them
You will need either of the below to be considered for the roles:
- 7 GCSE’s, A* – C grades in English.
- Maths needs to be GCSE grade B or above.
- Completed Level 3 Apprenticeship in Software & Web Development.
- A-Levels in Computer Science.
Once you have completed your Level 4 apprenticeship, you will continue with the level 5 and 6 of the Digital & Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV