Software Development Apprentice – Cheshire (WA14) – 16218
This listing has expired
One of the largest trailer manufacturers and asset management companies in the UK. They specialize in the evolution and digitalization of commercial vehicle fleet manufacturing, rental and management. They are a fast-growing business within a group of companies that has been successful for over 65 years.
The company will offer the successful apprentice a supportive working environment and great career opportunities after successful completion of the award winning apprenticeship. The company also have dress down Fridays and after work social’s.
Have you got what it takes to work at the UK’s leading commercial vehicle body, trailer and conversion specialists?
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Software Development Apprentice. the company offer the opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-growing business within a group of companies that has been successful for over 65 years.
Training will be given to match your enthusiasm for Software Development. The company are a market leader in their use of technology.
The experience and knowledge gained as part of your apprenticeship will form a great platform for you to further your skills and embark on the first steps of an exciting and lucrative career in Software Development.
In this job you will be responsible for:
- Working towards successfully completing a Level 3 Software Development Technician Apprenticeship.
- Work with the development team across a variety of technologies
- Working with:
- Provide technical assistance to the workforce across a wide range of software
- To help to understand, diagnose, document and/or resolve customer issues
- To record, verify, analyse and track all software bugs and issues
- To help find faults and work with the development team to resolve
- Assist in testing of developing software
- Developing in-house web applications
- Maintenance/Development of applications and existing systems
- Hands-on learning and development of different configuration methods
- To take ownership for delivery of software projects to timescale and quality standards.
- Perform any other duties as and when reasonably required
- Enthusiasm and desire to develop a career in Software Development
- A passion for technology
- Thirst for knowledge and enthusiasm to develop new skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- An analytical mindset
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Team Player but can also work under own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- GCSEs in at least 5 subjects with English and Maths at Grade C or above.
Mon – Friday 08:30 – 17:00 (37.5hrs per week)
£156.00 per week
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to develop their skills further and be bought onto a permanent contract with a new job role and more responsibility on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV