Software Development Apprentice – Dunston (NE11) – 13948
This listing has expired
The successful candidate will be required to work on our applications including the setup of systems as well as the development of websites and website/application integration to a very high standard.
At Northstone Systems we have been developing web based applications and database driven websites since 2010. Our team of expert programmers can enhance existing systems as well as develop completely bespoke applications to manage very specific business requirements. Each of our projects requires we work closely with our customers to ensure a bespoke product they can use in their day to day running of their business.
We primarily develop two web applications for both the Vehicle Hire Industry and Fast Fit Tyre Industry providing bespoke changes for each of our customers.
We are a growing company and as our customer base grows so must our staff investment, commitment and development hence the great opportunity we can offer a successful apprenticeship candidate.
We make use of some of the latest web technologies along with some of the ‘old school stuff’ including PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery
- Issues will be received by phone call and e-mail, requiring the candidate to interact directly with customers. Calls that cannot be resolved will need to be escalated to a senior member of staff for further investigation.
- The candidate will also be responsible for calls relating to customer issues regarding our primary applications. The role will require the successful candidate to understand the call issue and then take the appropriate action to resolve.
- The apprenticeship does potentially lead to a full time role at the end providing a great incentive to learn our business and develop skills to the required standard.
- Design and development of websites
- Database driven programming
- Bug fixing
- PHP/MySQL development
- Improving our current applications
- Fast, effective and efficient call handling
- Experience and knowledge working with IT networks and infrastructure
- Experience and knowledge working with PHP and MySQL
- Ability to work under pressure to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple issues at the same time
- Ability to work in a team
- At least a base level of knowledge in each of the technologies we use would be hugely beneficial to ensure you can start making an impact at Northstone Systems as soon as possible.
Benefits & Future Prospects:
- The company will invest in a full training and development plan for the successful candidate to increase their knowledge of our applications and the languages we work with.
- This position is full time
- 40 hour weekdays
- Based in Gateshead
- 20 days’ holiday per year plus all Bank Holidays.
- 40 hours per week
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV