Software Development Technician Apprentice
This listing has expired
Galleos design, develop and manufacture bespoke and in-house products for the Internet of Things (IoT). We specialise in remote monitoring and control using mobile technology (GSM/GPRS/3G); we also design solutions using Wi-Fi/ low power RF/ Ethernet and USB.
Our main in-house products are tracking related; specifically HGV trailer tracking and asset tracking, these tracking systems are designed to be contract free and powered from batteries for up to 3 years with minimal installation i.e. no hard wiring required.
Galleos has designed many bespoke systems, including water table monitoring, pollution monitoring, humidity and temperature monitoring, product control panel including remote control and monitoring.
By partnering with Galleos, customers quickly get their products onto the internet with a secure and failsafe infrastructure with a customer specific branded web interface.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Helping to develop our next projects – you will learn software programming including C and C#
- As you progress, you will be able to specialise in a field such as App development or embedded code
- We expect all our apprentices to achieve a higher level apprenticeship with the option if you wish and are able to obtain a degree
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with employees at all levels
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- General interest in Software Development
- Desire and motivation to build software
- Continual learning
7 GCSE’s at grades A*- C/ 9 – 4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths).
£10,000 per annum.
37.5hrs per week, shifts TBC.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV