Software Development Technician Apprentice – Shepton Mallett (BA4) – 16323
This listing has expired
The company designs, manufactures and sells a broad range of proprietary products for the seismic, hydrographic and offshore industry. With engineering, manufacturing, sales and support bases located in Texas, Singapore and the United Kingdom, the company is able to respond to customer’s needs anywhere in the world 24-hours a day.
Job overview / purpose
Would you like the opportunity to join a world leading engineering company?
This is a new role based within a strong in-house engineering team, and it could be for you.
Job role includes:
Full lifecycle software engineering, requirement elicitation, high level design, development, test documentation, maintenance and enhancement of existing products including direct 3rd line support for client’s engineers and technicians and Field Service Engineers
Development of new products.
- Full lifecycle software engineering
- High level design, development, test documentation
- Maintenance and enhancement of existing products including direct 3rd line support for client’s engineers and technicians and Field Service Engineers
- Development of new products
- Gain software development experience
- C, bash shell scripting exposure
- Exposure to Embedded, real time processes, database, GUI
- Gain awareness of Linux development environment
- Ability to work in a small team
- Ability to “fit in” with the minimum of supervision
- Good communicator
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Organised and methodical, with good attention to detail
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
Monday – Friday,
38 flexible hours,
(9am – 5pm)
£5.50 per hour / £209 per week
Potential to progress with the company in to a full time position and further training.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV