Software Level 4 IT Apprentice – Halifax (HX1) – 16318
This listing has expired
Timeform is a passionate, forward-thinking company and part of an international FTSE 100 business, where things are always happening.
We cover 60,000 sports contests a year, minute-to-minute, in real-time, and that’s how we like to think too.
Timeform is a sports data and content provider based in Halifax, West Yorkshire, formed originally in 1948 and now part of the Paddy Power Betfair Group.
Job overview / purpose
We consume, analyse and package sports data including horseracing, greyhounds and football for a broad range of customers. Our skilled team of analysts are globally-renowned for accuracy, credibility and judgement.
For more information please check out www.timeform.com, or download our app for iOS and Android.
An excellent opportunity for an apprentice developer to join and learn from a dedicated and passionate team whose primary purpose is to extend the range of sports we cover, as well as building new and innovative products powered by the data we consume. If you’re looking to take the next step in your career via a Level 4 apprenticeship and be a part of an exciting company – we want to hear from you!
Throughout your apprenticeship, you will:
- Develop your skills around coding and programming using C#, .net & MS SQL Server
- Support the team on sports related software development projects and tasks
- Actively write code using C#
- Work with databases and connecting to databases
- Testing code
- Be involved in deployment of code into enterprise environments
- An enthusiasm for all things IT
- Willingness to learn new skills quickly and gain further qualifications
- An interest in and a passion for sport
- Good communication skills
- Basic software design skills in .Net and Visual Studio
- Knowledge of databases particularly MSSQL
- HTML / CSS / XML / JSON
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
8.45am to 5.00pm,
Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch.
£15,000 – 18,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- Flexible range of company benefits including life assurance, income protection and optional private medical insurance
- Along with a potential annual bonus of up to 10% of salary (based on business performance) after qualifying period
- Free car parking on site at our town centre office
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV