Software Support & Development Apprentice – Stockton-on-Tees (TS18) – 15752
This listing has expired
This is a growing provider of market leading software and services.
As an apprentice, you’ll be working within a small team in a relaxed but professional, warm and friendly working environment.
This is a growing company, with a very exciting period of growth, and you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of this and develop your career as the company continues to grow.
You’ll be working alongside the existing team and you will be supported while you complete your Level 3 Software Development Technician Apprenticeship, with a view to progress onto Level 4.
The role has been specifically created for a Software Support & Development Apprentice who will work alongside the existing team of experienced Support Staff & experienced Software Development Staff.
In this role, you will be providing telephone and remote support to customers on a range of proprietary and bespoke software systems and associated hardware as well as supporting in the development of legacy and new generation products.
You’ll be starting on a 15 month Software Development Technician Apprenticeship (level 3), and you will be involved in the following duties:
- Telephone support
- Remote support to existing customers
- Pre-Installation of all software, this ranges from Microsoft Office to Bespoke software
- Basic hardware fault finding of faulty computer equipment
- Supporting the development of legacy software
- Software troubleshooting on desktop PC’s
- Virus and malicious software removal on desktop computers
- Data backup
- Research & development into new technologies
- Understanding and developing internal systems
- New software & update verification
- General office administration
- Keen to learn and develop a career in IT
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work as part of a small team
Interested candidates should have at least 7 GCSE’s (6 GCSE’s at C or above INCLUDING Maths, PLUS English at D or above)
Monday to Friday,
9am-5pm, 35hrs per week
£130 per week
Benefits / Future Prospects
- Starting on £130 per week, with the opportunity to achieve increases based on performance in the role
- Opportunity to become a permanent employee at the end of the apprenticeship
- Opportunity to progress on to do a level 4 programme
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV