Sponsored Construction Degree Programme 2019
This listing has expired
Salary: Up to £24,000 and benefits
Paid tuition fees for BSc Degree
Train as a Site Manager for one of the biggest homebuilders in the UK
Barratt Homes and Sheffield Hallam University have worked together to build a unique degree programme training the next generation of Site Managers to build the homes the UK needs. It’s a five year programme providing the essential mix of on-the-job learning and tailored university teaching to show you how to run a site and give you the foundations for a successful career.
What you’ll do
You’ll be hands-on from day one as an Assistant Site Manager. Site Managers work on-site and that’s where you’ll learn your trade straight away. You’ll bring fresh ideas to their daily challenges, helping them to manage developments through to completion. You’ll learn how to manage people and materials, coordinate trades and work to tight timelines and high quality expectations. All while delivering exceptional customer service.
Throughout the year, in four one-week blocks, you’ll build on what you’ve learned in practice with specific university teaching. This is designed to help you do your job to an even higher standard and we’ll pay for your travel, food and accommodation so you can focus on getting the most out of it. At the end of the programme you’ll get an industry-recognised BSc (Hons) Degree in Professional Practice Residential Development and Construction.
Working at Barratt means working for one of the biggest homebuilders in the UK. You’ll have an experienced personal mentor helping you with everything from technical questions to career advice. We’re dedicated to helping you build the career you want and once you’ve completed the programme we’ll be actively looking for the next generation of leaders to keep us ahead of the industry. It’s a unique opportunity if you’re the right person to seize it.
Who we’re looking for
Are you a school or college leaver or an experienced tradesperson? A career changer or ex-Armed Forces? We’re looking for anyone with the drive and talent to throw themselves into a new career and balance on-the-job learning with independent study. As long as you can work well with people, always aim for quality in whatever you do and are comfortable taking charge, then we want to hear from you.
You’ll also need one of the following:
- One A level and 4 GCSEs (C or above) including Maths and English
- BTEC National Qualification
- Advanced Diploma in Construction or Built Environment
- Other access or foundation courses
More experienced entrants without formal qualifications will be considered individually. We will take factors like work experience (including Armed Forces) and previous qualifications into account.
- Full-time Trainee Assistant Site Manager position with opportunity to progress into leadership roles
- Competitive salary
- Hands-on, industry-recognised experience
- Support in achieving a BSc (Hons) Degree in Professional Practice Residential Development and Construction
- Paid tuition and expenses for four annual one-week teaching blocks at Sheffield Hallam University
- Work towards a professional membership
- One-to-one academic and business mentoring
- 25 paid annual days leave and bank holidays
- Flexible benefits.
- East Scotland x 2 vacancies
- North East (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne) x 2 vacancy
- North Midlands x 1 vacancy
- Northampton x 1 vacancy
- West Midlands x 1 vacancy
- North Thames (Hertfordshire) x 1 vacancy
- Southern Counties (Surrey) x 1 vacancy
- Southern (Berkshire) x 1 vacancy
- Kent x 1 vacancy
- London West (Brentford) x 1 vacancy
- London East (Stratford) x 1 vacancy
- Bristol x 1 vacancy
- South West x 1 vacancy
REGISTER YOUR CV