Sports Coaching Apprentice VAC-29472
This listing has expired
Our mission at AM Sports Academy is to inspire children to participate in sport – to learn new skills, to develop them to the best of their ability and to achieve their greatest potential. We thrive on creating a fun and enjoyable environment for pupils to learn, develop and enjoy sports so they can begin their sporting journey – wherever it may take them.
Please visit our website to read more: www.amsportsacademy.co.uk/
Your role will involve traveling around The London Boroughs of Wimbledon, Wandsworth, Sutton and New Malden to deliver sports sessions within schools.
Your duties will include:
– Shadowing and supporting in a range of different sports during curriculum
lessons and extracurricular clubs, gaining as much knowledge, understanding
and skill in the delivery of teaching to pupils aged 3 – 11. The sports include
activities such as Football, Netball, Hockey, Gymnastics, Tennis, Cricket,
Athletics and Swimming.
– Support in selecting pupils to represent their school in offsite sports competitions
and assist in preparation training sessions and coaching squads from the
side-lines at the live event.
– Lead lunchtime sports clubs and manage a Year 5 Healthy Lifestyle Lunchtime
– Set up and store equipment required for daily lessons and clubs.
– Support in delivering high quality Multi Sports Holiday Camp Programmes, which
boast over 45 different sports.
– Support in delivering AMSA Birthday Parties.
You are able to gain one of the following qualifications during your Apprenticeship:
– Gymnastics Level 1
– LTA Level 1 (Tennis Coaching)
– ASA Level 1 (Swim Teaching)
– Exercise to music
– FA Level 1 (Football Coaching)
– Badminton England Level 1
Your working hours may include the below:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – 8am-5pm
Friday – 1pm-5pm
Saturday – 8:30-12pm
Monday – 1pm-5pm
You will be working alongside and be an important member of an extremely ambitious and driven sports team to provide a consistent high quality Physical Education Sports Programme.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 30 Hours Per Week Which May Include Weekends
Weekly Wage : £120.00
Application Deadline: 08-01-2018
Possible Start Date : 15-01-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV