ŠKODA is driven by something different. What are you driven by? We are looking for ambitious, dynamic and enthusiastic people to join our apprenticeship programme. If you are customer focused, forward thinking and want to learn, then we can give you the life and technical skills you need to be part of our team
The Service Advisor Apprentice Role:
The Service department is vital to the success of our business. Our Service Advisors play a pivotal role in delighting our customers and encouraging their continued loyalty.
This is a varied role where you will work with all departments bringing a friendly and energetic approach to your daily work.
Every day is different within the Service Department so the role will vary. Some duties on a day to day basis may include:
- Customer Service; Arranging bookings and appointments, talking to customers both face to face and on the phone, communicating with the customer throughout the time that their vehicle is with us
- Administration; Completion of relevant paperwork for customer service and centre records, preparation of invoices, processing of warranty claims
- Team work; Liaison with all the relevant departments including workshop and management to deliver an amazing customer experience.
- Upselling; Promoting the sale of accessories and service plans
Training will be delivered over a number of block release weeks at the National Learning Centre in Milton Keynes. Accommodation and transport will be provided as required. Here, our expert trainers will guide you through the training programme using a combination of e-learning, classroom learning and practical application. You will learn in fully equipped workshops using a range of vehicles that are specific to your brand.
When you return to your workplace, your personal, dedicated mentor will support your continued learning as you apply the skills and knowledge you have gained at the Learning Centre.
This is a fully rounded training experience where you will build life skills that last and gain both Apprenticeship qualifications and brand standard certifications.
On successful completion of the two year programme you will receive the following:
- Level 2, progressing to Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service
- 2 x Apprenticeship Completion Certificates (at L2 & L3)
- ŠKODA specific certifications
Volkswagen Group (VWG) is one of the UK’s largest car retailers encompassing premium brands such as Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen, TPS, Volkswagen Paint and Body and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles. This network of retailers spans the UK, providing a wide range of career opportunities.
Once your apprenticeship is complete, you will continue your learning journey and you will have the opportunity drive your career forward. Some of our apprentices have gone on to become team leaders and managers within the retail network or even joined our team at Head Office in Milton Keynes.
Minimum entry requirements
GCSE grades A – C (new grades 9 – 4) or equivalent in English, Maths and Science.
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English, Maths and either a Science or Technical subject. Standard Grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted.
‘Equivalent’ grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
Our ideal Service Advisor apprentice will be an outgoing, confident and approachable problem solver who can deliver excellent customer service.
We are looking for people who are passionate about our industry and our brand. Some of the personal skills that you should think about showing us in your application are:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Strong communication
- Customer Service
- Interest in vehicle engineering
REGISTER YOUR CV