IT Support Apprentice – Southampton
This listing has expired
Vacancy Short Description:
To work alongside the IT support team by assisting with the provision of IT support to the Company’s customers.
The Apprentice will work directly alongside existing IT support Engineers and the IT Supervisor. Their role will be to assist the team with the provision of IT Support to the customer. The IT Support team report to the IT Director and are responsible for service delivery.
• Provide end-user support to users of our products and services over the phone or in person, remotely or onsite.
• Explain potentially complex technical concepts to users with little or no technical background/experience in a logical and understandable manner.
• Maintaining impeccable attention to detail.
• Manage stock relating to the company’s products and services, including liaising with suppliers, and distributing stock to customers/staff where needed
• Support company’s internal IT requirements including (but not limited to) daily server backup, security administration, network administration, and general staff support
• Assist the team with general IT duties and project work.
£150 per week
Daily working hours
0830hrs to 1730hrs (1 hour for lunch) Monday to Friday
Number of Vacancies:
Important personal qualities of candidates
Self-motivated and eager to learn. Strong communicator (both written and verbal) who likes to get stuck into tasks. Team Player. Ability to show initiative where the situation arises. Proven background / interest in IT.
Any particular details on the role you would like them to fulfil
Backup tape rotation. Stock inventory. First line for support calls.
Future prospects and Career Progression:
The role has the opportunity becoming an IT Support Engineer for a dynamic and growing company.
REGISTER YOUR CV