Support Engineer Apprentice – Bristol (BS4) – 14004
This listing has expired
You will be working for a leading developer of information and communications technology services, e-business, web and mobile applications, editorial newsroom and advanced technology solutions, operating in operates in a broad spectrum of market sectors, including media & broadcast, space, government & defense and commerce. The company clients are predominantly blue-chip and public-sector organisations.
Our client is currently looking for a Support Engineer apprentice to work within Corporate IT (CIT) support team based in their Bristol location. CIT provide and support all company IT equipment and infrastructure predominantly for in-house users but also some customers. They are also responsible for the provision of the company ServiceDesk.
- Incident Call Logging & ServiceDesk operation
- 1st Line Technical Support (Diagnosing, fault finding & fix; sometimes by phone)
- Operational maintenance (eg: setting up user accounts, maintaining backups etc.)
- Desktop and Laptop configuration (using automated methods)
- System administration and monitoring
- Asset Management
This list is not exhaustive and the support engineer is likely to carry out other such duties, which are commensurate with the candidate’s abilities and experience.
- Aspiration to develop a career in IT
- Basic IT Skills (PC, networking, hardware, software, etc)
- Windows OS (7 and above)
- MS Office
- Positive, friendly and proven approach to customer service and an understanding of service levels
- Organised and methodical approach to tasks, ability to manage time effectively across multiple tasks according to agreed priorities
- Prioritisation of own and other engineers work
- Excellent friendly telephone manner
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Working week – 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
Salary – £13,500-£15,500 per annum
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV