Support Technician – Wallingford (OX10) – 16185
This listing has expired
We are a leading registration services and events software company that work within the trade exhibition, consumer and conference market. We pride ourselves on our strapline Passionate People, Intelligent Solutions and feel these are the elements that differentiate us from our competition. With a wealth of knowledge & experience, rapid product development, strong relationships and the ability to be flexible, we are the perfect event tech partner.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Support Technician to join the team, who is responsible for supporting our software and services. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about Technology and thrive under pressure in a busy environment. They will be open to learning a wide range of new skills, have a logical approach to problem-solving with excellent attention to detail.
The Support Technician will handle support calls and emails from customers and internal staff, maintain hardware, prepare equipment for on-site delivery and manage stock. They will report to the Head of Operations.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Company’s product portfolio
- Support our Lead Recording services via phone calls and emails
- Provide technical support for our on-site management team, including some weekends, early mornings and evenings
- Technical support for our SaaS solutions
- Log all tickets within our CRM and keep up to date as they progress
- Progress all outstanding tickets and ensure they are resolved within the relevant time scales
- To encourage feedback on services provided and recognise the changing needs of the service, and make recommendations to your line manager for improvements
- Stock management of hardware and consumables
- Setup and prepare equipment for delivery to events
- Prepare new equipment and run maintenance on existing hardware
- Co-ordinate and arrange incoming and outgoing equipment deliveries
- Support on-site management team at events by installing registration equipment
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Improve and update procedures, keeping existing documentation up to date
- Logical and analytical, with a methodical approach to problem-solving
- Solution-focused, with ability to prioritise
- Accurate, with high attention to detail
- Able to follow process and procedures
- Have a willingness to learn new systems
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- A passion for success and always striving for excellence
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful and keen to learn and share knowledge
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV