Support Worker Apprentice – Springfield House – Gloucester
Support Worker Apprentice – Springfield House – Gloucester VAC-48535
Responsible To: Operations Manager
Job Purpose: To provide high quality support, in line with the philosophy and policies of the agency
Contacts: Individuals and their families, Care Managers, GP’s, and other Health/ Social Care professionals
• Giving personal care, cooking, teaching, going out on excursions, watching TV, playing games etc.
• Delivering of a clearly defined programme of care for each service user within the home and ensuring that such service user files are recorded and maintained accurately.
• Liaising with relatives, Care Managers and other professionals in consultation with the Manager of the home.
• To ensure that the agreed psychology guidelines for each service user are followed in conjunction with the Management team.
• To work with all staff in providing an effective 24-hour service and to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility to ensure all shifts are covered with the required staffing levels.
• To assist in the delivery of day care opportunities, following individual activity programmes in conjunction with, and following guidance from, day care staff.
• To use initiative in creating, and delivery of, appropriate leisure opportunities for service users.
• To accompany and organise transport which requires service users to attend activities outside of the home.
• To use initiative in making the best use of all available resources in the home, to meet the needs of each service user.
• To assist in maintaining a good standard of hygiene and tidiness within the home and, when required, to check all equipment including emergency and fire equipment.
• To look after the general appearance of the house and report any defects to the senior staff member on duty.
• To ensure accurate recording and reporting of all accidents and incidents that may occur involving service users and/or staff and to record relevant information in the appropriate place.
• To participate in staff meetings, contributing to the review of current working practices and future developments.
• To undertake any temporary duties as required by the Homes Manager in times of emergency.
This Job Description is not intended to be a complete list of duties and responsibilities, but indicates the main aspects attached to this post. It may be reviewed and amended at a future time after discussion with the Manager and staff of the homes, to take into account any changes in Company or Government Policies.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Health and Social Care
Working Week : 30 hours Shifts TBC
Weekly Wage : £210.00
Application Deadline: 08-10-2019
Possible Start Date : 15-10-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV