Support Worker – Dimensions VAC-35207
This listing has expired
As a member of our operations team you will be responsible for supporting people with learning disabilities and autism to have a great life. You won’t just care for them; you’ll support them to achieve their goals, and that can bring enormous job satisfaction.
The people we support and the people who work with us are at the heart of everything we do. To recruit Apprentices we use a values led recruitment process. This means we’re looking at who you are rather than what you bring. We want to make sure you connect with, and have similar interests to, the person you might support.
Your day to day task will include:
• Giving personal care, cooking, teaching, going out on excursions, watching TV, playing games etc.
• Delivering of a clearly defined programme of care for each service user within the home and ensuring that such service user files are recorded and maintained accurately.
• Liaising with relatives, Care Managers and other professionals in consultation with the Manager of the home.
• To ensure that the agreed psychology guidelines for each service user are followed in conjunction with the Management team.
• To work with all staff in providing an effective 24-hour service and to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility to ensure all shifts are covered with the required staffing levels.
• To assist in the delivery of day care opportunities, following individual activity programmes in conjunction with, and following guidance from, day care staff.
• To use initiative in creating, and delivery of, appropriate leisure opportunities for service users.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Health and Social Care
Working Week : 30 Hours per week
Weekly Wage : £195.00
Application Deadline: 08-08-2018
Possible Start Date : 15-08-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV