Swim Coach Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
Leyland Leisure Centre are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work with them as a Swim Coach Apprentice and gain their Level 2 in Activity Leadership!
Your duties will include:
– Provide exceptional customer service to all members
– Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons
– Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to swimming lesson sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
– Support and deliver community engagement linked to increasing swimming participation
– To support the coaching team when required to maintain continuity of teaching and excellent customer service
– To teach swimming when needed to fit the needs of the programme
– To cover lifeguard positions when needed to fit the needs of the swimming lesson programme and centre pool programme
– You will support the swimming lesson programme under the guidance of the General Manager or equivalent and the Regional Aquatics Manager
You will work towards your Activity Leadership Level 2 through work based learning delivered by Lifetime Training as well as your National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification and Swim Teaching qualification.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 36 Hours Per Week Inc. Evenings and Weekends
Weekly Wage : £111.00
Application Deadline: 16-04-2018
Possible Start Date : 23-04-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV