IT TEACHERS APPRENTICE – INTQ228
This listing has expired
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a IT Teachers Apprentice.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after and the skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible chance at starting your professional career in the industry.
The main purpose of this apprenticeship is to increase the use of technology in school by ensuring all hardware devices are well maintained and by ensuring staff, pupils and parents are supported in the use of technology to enhance learning.
The apprentice will be based full time on-site responsible for the lower level IT issues that arise on site, supported by the IT provider. They will be accountable to the Business manager and Headteacher. In co-operation with teachers, he/she will support the teaching of computing by preparing relevant materials and working alongside pupils, parents and teachers.
Specific duties will include:
Working with the IT provider to…
• Resolve problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc. in the suite and around school.
• Ensure that a supply of consumable items such as printer cartridges, toners and paper are maintained and reordered as required.
• Maintain the asset register with new and updated equipment following school policies for audit requirements.
• Installation of new software on the schools system.
• Maintain other computing equipment (e.g. iPads).
Support the Pupils by:
• Providing help and guidance to pupils on an individual or group basis within computing.
• Ensuring that as far as possible, pupils are not exposed to inappropriate materials on the internet.
• Working with staff, parents and pupils to promote safe use of ICT equipment.
• Working to establish a supportive relationship with children and parents.
• Encouraging acceptance and inclusion of all children with special educational needs.
• Promoting and reinforcing the children’s self-confidence and esteem.
• Ensure pupils safeguarding including e-safety and reporting any concerns to the relevant person.
Support the Teachers by:
• Preparing and maintaining all equipment ready for teaching and learning
• To support teaching by being aware of the aims of the lesson and working with pupils as directed by the teacher leading the lesson.
• Work with teachers in the classroom to integrate technology into the classroom.
• Be able to support the teacher in other lessons where there may be a need for technical support.
• Be able to use multimedia to support teachers (e.g taking, storing and printing photos, filming, using a green screen, editing and creating videos).
Support the School by:
• Being aware of and following all school policies and procedures, in particular policies related to the use of computing equipment and sites.
• Being aware of confidential issues linked to home/pupil/teacher/school work and to keep confidences as appropriate.
• Maintaining the school web site and ensuring that information is accessible and up to date.
• Working with the ICT Lead to develop technology across the school.
• Obtain quotes, which represent best value, for new ICT equipment/ repairs etc.
• Running workshops, training events, family learning and clubs to promote the use of technology.
• Undertaking any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities.
About the school
The school are a happy, caring school with high aspirations for all of our pupils and staff. The children benefit from a full and enriching curriculum and learn within a safe, stimulating and inclusive learning environment. At the heart of our school ethos is a desire to provide the best possible learning experience and outcomes for each and every one of our pupils.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Qualifications & Skills Required
• To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least.
• True passion for new and emerging Technology
• Confidence when using a range of hardware, software and technical devices
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Love of learning
• Desire to help others to learn, develop and understand
• High energy and motivation to achieve success
• Commitment towards the completion of a full Apprenticeship programme
You will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining the Microsoft certifications MTA Cloud Fundamentals, MTA Network Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation and CompTIA A+. This apprenticeship is delivered remotely via a live virtual classroom using the very latest Microsoft technologies. These qualifications are globally recognized industry certifications and form the significant building block of IT knowledge for anybody looking to start a career in IT.
Future Career progression
• Microsoft Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Framework
• Personalised Office 365 SharePoint Platform to build your professional network, share your knowledge and showcase the work of your school
• Residential training with The Tablet Academy to learn how to use educational curriculum software
• Access to real life work experience and quality training within a school environment
• Opportunity for Careers Guidance to discuss future growth opportunities
• Access to University is available for candidates with specific academic achievements related to chosen Degree specialist subject
Location CV3 – Stivichall Primary School
Working Hours Monday – Friday – 8.30am – 4.00pm – 37.5hrs per week
Wage £131.25 Per Week (Apprentice Minimum Wage) – £6,825 Per Annum
REGISTER YOUR CV