This listing has expired
The company was the regional winner of the national apprenticeship awards in 2017 and was a finalist in the top 100 fastest growing tech companies.
Being a technology solutions provider, they offer services ranging from IT support, Cabling, server support, Sage & CRM and many more.
This exciting role is with one of the leading Managed IT Services within the UK.
This employer has grown organically and has an impressive history with developing and building careers for the right candidate within a technical space. There isn’t many better places to start your career in IT than an award winning company.
If you are passionate about IT, Technology and problem solving, this opportunity may be right for you.
You will be working alongside a mix of different colleagues with skill sets from other IT apprentices all the way to senior technicians, and will be working to solve problems across all sectors.
The main aim will be to help support the Helpdesk with 1st line and 2nd line issues by using your ability to problem solve and prioritise a variety of different remote and physical problems for clients.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
• To provide first line support, answering queries via email, phone or face-to-face
• Give support – Answer incoming calls and log them onto the help desk system adding progress notes also. [With training, you’ll be answering technical issues and resolving queries]
• Troubleshooting laptops, tablets, desktops and printers
• Commissioning – Installing operating systems onto PCs and carrying out basic configurations on PCs and desktops
• Configuring new computers for use on the network/ decommissioning old kit
• Installation – Assisting Engineers on client sites with Hardware and PC’s
• Prioritising issues and problems to resolve in a timely manner
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
• Ability to use your own initiative, and work effectively as part of a team
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise your own workload
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Basic troubleshooting skills
• Excellent attention to detail and self-organisation
Desired qualification requirements:
The candidate will have at least 5 grade A to C GCSE’s or equivalent (Grade C or above).
Monday to Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer],
£10,000 per annum [depending on experience]
Benefits of the role/ Future prospects:
• Ongoing career progression starting at 1st Line Technical Support to 2nd Line then 3rd, Pod Team Leader, Installation Technician etc.
• If you successfully complete your 1st year apprenticeship, you could be offered a full time position within the business (With an increase in pay) and/or a Level 4 Apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV