Technical Associate Apprentice – Halifax (HX3) – 16662
This listing has expired
Here, you will have the opportunity to work for a leading global supplier of technology systems and software for the insurance industry.
Job overview / purpose:
Currently seeking an ambitious individual for a Technical Associate Apprentice role based in Halifax.
You will be required to work with hardware, communications and operating systems, assist in the provision of a prompt, friendly and professional service to IT users internally and externally in relation to network administration and/or data centre operations, documentation and testing.
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide effective network and desktop support for the business
- Ensure incidents, faults, service requests and requests for assistance are logged and handled appropriately (to closure when possible)
- Maintain uptime, system performance etc. in accordance with SSP ISMS policy and against internal and customer SLA’s
- Identify problems and ensure these are escalated to the relevant team member for progression
- Problem solving or identify alternative options for unsolved problems
- Maintain “Known issues” list and update Knowledgebase as appropriate
- Maintaining and updating the catalogue of services provided by IT to the Business
- Attend Team, Project and Change meetings providing input to change implementation and planning for future change opportunities
- Scheduling and performing builds of new PC and Laptop equipment
- Maintain and update Software License distribution lists
- Documenting systems and their configuration
- Documenting Process and procedure
- Routine checks of systems and software
- System performance monitoring and reporting
- Identify and communicate potential service improvements
- To engage your customers and talk to them about IT matters using language they understand
- To update customers and the business about existing known issues
- Service driven – You’re the customers “Friend” in IT
- PC Literate
- A Natural software user
- Ability to build laptop and PC devices from a pre- prepared image
- Ability to build laptop and PC from media
- A flexible approach to working hours if necessary
- Documentation capability
- Will have a strong desire to learn about the organisations services and applications
Desired qualification requirements:
The candidate will have at least 5 GCSE’s C grade and above, including Maths and English
37.5hrs per week
9am until 5.30pm, but this is flexible, and may change due to deployments or project work, to help the employee learn.
£12,500 per annum
Benefits / Future prospects:
For a successful candidate, a full time role will be offered at the end of the apprenticeship with a salary increase.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV