This listing has expired
At NewDay we all share a common goal – to provide products and services that help people be better with credit. Consequently, our culture attracts and engages people who are committed to making a real difference for our customers. We provide the opportunity to work in a challenging, fast-paced, supportive environment that encourages people to make the most of their skills. We also promote learning and development opportunities for our employees in order to support their personal and professional goals and maximise their potential.
Are you interested in starting a career in IT?
In a digitally-driven world, we need to transform our business to prepare for changes happening in our profession as a result of emerging technologies. We’re looking for people who will use their digital expertise to lead our business into the future.
As an apprentice, you’ll be instrumental in helping to drive new ideas from day one. You can expect first class training and support throughout your role as a digital apprentice. You will build on these skills in our teams in between your block release sessions.
As well as your technical training, you’ll also develop essential know-how through a range of activities. You can expect to experience web-based learning, shadowing senior colleagues and team members, and training courses. You will rotate throughout our business to build upon your knowledge and develop your career at NewDay
- Provide support and assistance in investigating Incident and problems, working alone and with other to provide resolutions
- Ensuring Disaster recovery and Business Continuity process and procedures are fulfilled and any gaps are recorded and mitigated
- Assisting in project delivery from hands on build through to go live
- Working with Change Control process and documentation of the solution
- Monitoring systems and working with alerts to ensure no issues arise
- Managing a queue of Service Requests from the users through to completion with full transparency to the user on progress
- Assisting ion Business as Usual IT activities that maintain the systems and keep Newday compliant
- Provide high-level network and hardware design.
- Which suppliers provide what services, which services are managed internallyexternally, where the services are located
- Process to engage third party suppliers and internal Newday resource for BAU v chargeable project work
- Internal change management requirements to support comms changes
- Monitoring systems
Tasks may include
- General CM configuration overview – Network regions, site set up procedures, VDN variables, AARARS routing, dial plan, announcements, DMCC licences
- BAU service issues, new starterleaver process, troubleshooting
- Setting up a desk phone. Agent phone v back office phone v SIP extensions
- BCP comms configuration
- IVR workflow requirements gathering and design
- Front end CTI Screen-Pop application build and support (re. end user GUI front-end)
- Support of infra on which the Middleware runs i.e. SureCloud vulnerabilities, patching of IBM and MS security and application patches
You will be at the very busy front-line, dealing directly with employees.
Learning IT troubleshooting steps in supporting Windows 7, Windows 10 operating systems, Microsoft office packages and 3rd party applications in a corporate environment.
Performing more hands-on roles required to gain knowledge and skills needed to isolate and resolve problems.
Tasks may include:
- Building laptops and learning about software deployment utilities
- Installing and configuring computer systems
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults
- Supporting AV systems
- Assist with IMacs
- Work to agreed SLAs
At the heart of the technology where the hardware, software and perimeter devices work as a solution. This is live systems that Newday relies on to run a business. This function will cover on premise datacentres, including networks, firewalls and cloud technology in Microsoft Azure.
Tasks may include:
- Backup monitoring and tape management
- File restores as part of business requirements
- Installation and configuration of operating systems (windows 2012, windows 2016)
- Installing windows updates and security patches
- Generate certificate request, purchase from provider and apply on web servers
- Creating shared folder and applying permissions
- Whitelist websites in content filtering tool
- Citrix Management
- Update NewDay favourite list through group policy
- Provision additional permission in the exchange mailboxes
- Update server configuration in Azure cloud
Through these tasks in the functions there will be opportunity to work with other parts of the IT functions such as Database, Platform Engineers, Application management, SRE’s and Security.
As a Front Line Services Assistant (Professional Learning Programme), you will have:
- Experience of working in a customer facing role, working with a diverse range of customers
- An aptitude for logical reasoning and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to translate technical information a diverse range of customers
- Ability to follow processes, and document your work effectively
- Taking ownership of delivery of your work to agreed service levels and standards
- Ability to work to work both autonomously and under direction
- An ability to undertake basic investigation of issues with a problem solving approach
- An interest in IT combined with the ability to learn new skills and a willingness to commit to a structured apprenticeship
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Monday to Friday, (37.5 hours a week)
£15,000 per annum
Benefits / Future Prospects
Possible permanent, full-time employment after the successful completion of the apprenticeship.
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”