Technical Service Centre Apprentice
This listing has expired
This is a thriving company whose main focus is to drive forward business, economic, personal and professional development within communities by boosting employment, skills, investment and enterprise for the benefit of all.
The IT Technical Services Technician Apprentice role is highly autonomous, with a focus on providing broad technical resolution, as well as building strong relationships with the business and ensuring compliance against KPI’s and SLA’s.
In addition to the technical aspects, the apprentice will also be responsible for providing advice and coaching to our customers, to ensure that they feel confident and comfortable using the IT resources made available to them. They will be a champion of the customer service and satisfaction ethos that is at the heart of the IT department.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Perform effective and positive customer focussed diagnostic support and troubleshooting on all tickets that are logged by phone, email or self-service, with the goal of performing a first time fix on tickets logged
- Ensure that all tickets have appropriate and well-documented troubleshooting notes applied to them prior to escalation to other teams
- Support the team by taking part in the rota to provide expert support and guidance to the customer base in site-based “Walk up Clinics”
- Act as the Major Incident point of contact on a rota basis for all Priority A tickets, ensuring that the business receives communications as appropriate, and in a timely manner, throughout the lifecycle of the Incident and that all work completed by other teams is gathered and documented within the Incident ticket
- Develop and promote continuous improvements to the customer experience when contacting the IT Technical Services desk
Desired qualities, skills and experiences:
- Open to ideas
- Willing to challenge/ask questions
- Solution oriented
- Ability to think independently
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good time-management skills
Desired qualification requirements:
- Minimum 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
- ITIL Foundation Qualification (Desirable)
5 days per week, Monday – Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5 per week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£16,000 per annum.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV