Technical Services Engineer Apprentice – Bristol (BS48) – 13991
This listing has expired
At Civica, our people matter. They’re the ones who build long lasting relationships with our customers. The ones with the ideas. The ones who make the ideas happen and the ones who bring our brand to life.
Does this sound like the business for you?
You will use a helpdesk system to track and take ownership of customer and infrastructure issues that are monitored within the parameters of Service Level Agreements.
The role will be focused on providing remote and telephone based support services, as well as installation of Civica applications.
This will provide you exposure to many different technical areas and provide opportunities to get involved in a number of areas within the Health and Care business. We are looking for a self-motivated and ambitious individual, who is looking to develop their career working for a leading IT-based service provider.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team in a fast-paced environment with clear career progression route ways within a dynamic technology solutions company in the Bristol area.
Main role/ responsibilities
- Provide first line helpdesk support services and associated administrative tasks for Civica’s hosted ‘cloud based’ application delivery platform
- Respond to incoming support calls in a quick and efficient manner, which includes dealing with customers in a polite and professional way
- Ensure support calls are kept up-to-date
- Provide awareness of the SLAs in customer contracts
- To highlight potential major issues
- Assist in maintaining internal documentation, procedures, guidance notes and training materials as necessary
- Assist in monitoring the company’s proactive network and systems health management systems
- Assist the application support teams with the installation of Civica’s applications on customer and internal platforms. This will be following documented step-by-step install routines
- Assist with installing, configuring and supporting Civica’s touch screen PC based time & attendance system
- Undertake any other relevant duties as may reasonably be requested by the Technical Services team
We are looking for someone who:
- Is excited by the thought of playing an important part in a complex and interesting organisation
- Wants to deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Is comfortable and confident in telephoning customers to identify and support them to resolve their issues
- Takes an interest in their work and that of your colleagues – always seek to find better ways of doing things
- Is happy to talk to and work with colleagues across the business
- Has good written skills and excellent attention to detail
- Have 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any
- Subject and GCSE Maths and English
Things to consider
Your commute – as the office is located in Nailsea on a bus route from Bristol, however, the train station location is a 30-minute walk to the office.
- This apprenticeship provides a real opportunity to start your career within IT; providing a clear route for progression, as you will be joining Civica who are investing in developing your future career
- You will be provided with access to online training and will be part of the Civica Academy where you can access career developing training
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV