Technical Support Apprentice – Cookham (SL6) – 16293
This listing has expired
AVINU is a company that designs and delivers lifestyle technology primarily into residential properties. This means installing cinemas, multi-room music and HDTV, full data/WiFi networks, building management systems, smart-home automation and intelligent lighting/heating.
Job overview / purpose
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about technology, has the ability to work within a team and an interest in programming.
Your work may be both inside and outside customer’s houses as part of a new build project or in a refurbishment, or in a commercial environment such as hospitals, schools, factories, offices, shops etc.
- Installing Audio Visual systems, Lighting control systems, data networks and related systems across the UK
- Cable installation, cable termination, fault finding, basic soldering, fixing brackets, mounting hardware
- Commissioning installed equipment, ensuring a high quality end result for the customer
- Programming of control systems
- Development to learn CAD software
- Effectively communicate with customers of different competency levels to resolve technical enquires and issues efficiency
- Visiting customer sites to service and / or repair existing equipment
- General admin support when not on site which will include: updating job progress on internal systems, responding to emails, stock control
- Motivated and driven – you must feel like jumping out of bed for the business every day
- Willing to learn – every day is a school day – You need to learn on the job and take a genuine interest about new products and technologies
- Self-starter – you never sit back and wait for things to do; you are pro-active and constantly busy
- Appearance – you represent AVINU and its values – You need to dress appropriately for the day’s work and be an ambassador for the business
- Practical – you never give up, constantly looking for practical solutions
- Communication – it’s very important that you can communicate clearly with customers, other contractors and your team members
- Teamwork – you play a key role in the AVINU team, conscious of others and willing and able to help
- Organised – you keep a diary of work, a to-do list and keep the team up-to-date with progress
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
37.5 hours per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
Dependant on candidate – £150 – £250 per week
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV