Technical Support Apprentice – Ross on Wye LSAIT – Ross –HR9
This listing has expired
Location: Ross on Wye
Salary: Up to £6,864 per annum
Our client is a computer support and IT Business specialising in home and small business solutions, computer and laptop repairs, web-site design and Broadband provision. They are also authorised resellers for many large manufacturers and being members of Europe’s leading buying group enables them to provide independent advice and supply the right solution at a competitive price.
Basic tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Answering telephone enquiries then dealing with request or introducing the client to the appropriate colleague.
• Welcoming walk-in clients and establishing their needs, then dealing with their request or introducing the client to the appropriate colleague.
• Restocking of accessories or cartridges in the shop.
• Updating of client records, including scanning historical paper based records into appropriate client files.
• Be able to explain and run basic computer diagnostic routines.
• Carry out basic repairs to computers and printers. Installation and upgrade of operating systems along with data transfer and validation.
• Ability to integrate with the existing team and willingness to take on new tasks.
• Excellent customer facing aptitude and manner. Willingness to visit existing clients.
• A passion for IT and self-driven desire to constantly learn and update knowledge whilst adhering to company procedures and policies
IT Skills Management is the most successful company in placing apprentices in the IT sector and 92% of Microsoft IT Apprentices stay with the company with which they started their apprenticeship. We have a unique relationship with Microsoft and are their official partner for their highly accredited Apprenticeship Program, which has been designed for and developed by Microsoft Partner companies to help bring new talent into the industry. With various reports stating there is a large shortage of IT skills, which are needed to help the economic growth, this is an ideal time to join the IT industry.
Please note that full government funding is only available to candidates aged between 16 and 18 years and part funding may be available for those under the age of 24.
REGISTER YOUR CV