The Pret Apprenticeship – Hospitality Team Member Apprentice VAC-38631
This listing has expired
Here’s why you should join:
– Start your career with a brilliant team to support you every step of the way
– Receive nationally recognised apprenticeship training whilst in your permanent role
– Become an expert on providing ‘best in class’ customer service, recognised throughout the sector
– Experience our enhanced programme attending special ‘aPreticeship Experience Days,’ seeing you explore coffee roasteries or getting involved in London Tech Week and World Environment Day, becoming a sustainable and digital champion of the future
– Be part of a community of apprentices, all supporting each other and having fun!
And most importantly, you’ll be joining the Pret family where we have fun and look after each other, with plenty of ‘Joy of Pret’ social events and activities on offer throughout the year, including summer and Christmas parties!
Whether you prefer food preparation in the kitchen or coffee-making as a Barista front of house there will be two routes for you to choose from, helping you to specialise in a role that suits your passion and promotes you into a Key Role within your first year
As a brilliant barista you’ll learn about customer service and coffee skills
As a food production pro you’ll learn about food preparation and safety in the kitchen.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
At Pret our values are very important and we recruit based on qualities instead of qualifications. There is no formal entry criteria (GCSEs or equivalent) and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in English and Maths alongside the apprenticeship, if required. We are looking for apprentices who share, live and breathe our values:
– Happy Teams and Happy Customers
– Amazing Standards Every Day
– Never Standing Still
– Doing The right Thing
If you aspire to these values and can show us why they are important to you, that’s a great start to being part of Team Pret!
To be eligible for the programme you must be able to commit at least 13 months to the Apprenticeship, 35 hours per week, with the right to work in the UK.
The Pret Apprenticeship:
– Grow as a Team Member: Immerse yourself in the workplace on a hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Programme. You’ll also attend five Experience Days and complete a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard.
– You’ll get to choose your pathway, depending on whether you prefer food preparation in the kitchen or coffee-making as a Barista front of house. You’ll learn about customer service and coffee skills, or food production and safety in the kitchen, helping you to specialise in a role that suits your passion and promotes you into a Key Role within your first year.
You can step on or off the programme annually, upon graduation. This means you can develop your career with Pret at your own pace. If you have the motivation and passion, there is opportunity to develop an excellent career in hospitality and management at Pret.
– We pay between £8.00 and £8.25 per hour (depending on your location); a salary equivalent of £14,500 – £15,000 depending on your location
An additional weekly bonus of £1 per hour based on mystery shopper results (after initial 12 week induction)
– Outstanding training and development (access to Level 2, 3, 4, 4 and Degree level apprenticeship programmes, designed to support your career development from Team Member to Manager of your own Pret shop)
– Weekly pay and paid breaks
– Free lunch when working (and a 50% discount in Pret shops when you’re not)
– Support with travel expenses on public transport (after initial 12 week induction)
– 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
– Apprentice Extra card with student discount rates
– Recommend a friend scheme
– Pret pension scheme
– Regular team events and parties
– £100 cash rewards for wowing our customers
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : You will be expected to work some early mornings, late finishes and weekends.
Weekly Wage : £280.00
Application Deadline: 04-10-2018
Possible Start Date : 11-10-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV