The Pret Apprenticeship – Hospitality Team Member Apprentice
The Pret Apprenticeship – Hospitality Team Member Apprentice VAC-46547
Here’s why you should consider a career in hospitality:
Earn a starting salary of £15,200 – £15,700 per year, the same as our Team Members. No reduced apprentice pay rates here!
• Start your career with a brilliant team to support you every step of the way
• Receive nationally recognised apprenticeship training whilst being a permanent member of Pret’s team
• Become an expert on providing ‘best in class’ customer service
• Experience our enhanced programme attending special ‘Experience Days,’ coming together as an apprentice community, you’ll learn how you can make a difference to the environment and get involved in Pret’s digital transformation
• Be part of a community of apprentices, all supporting each other and having fun!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
At Pret our values are very important, and we recruit based on qualities and behaviours instead of qualifications. There is no formal entry criteria (GCSEs or equivalent) and you will be supported to gain Functional Skills in English and Maths alongside the apprenticeship, if required. We are looking for apprentices who share, live and breathe our values:
• Happy Teams, Happy Customers – Passionate and happy to work and learn within a team, – and always being kind, honest and generous with customers
• Amazing Standards Every Day – Taking pride in high standards of customer service and showing great execution and accuracy in all that you do
• Never Standing Still – Anticipating what our customers may need and always looking to do and learn more
• Doing the Right Thing – Sharing a care for customers, teams and the wider community, including the homeless
You will demonstrate these behaviours:
• Clear Communication
• Team Work
• Great Execution
If you aspire to these values and behaviours and can show us why they are important to you, that’s a great start to being part of Team Pret!
Here’s some more information about the Pret Apprenticeship and the perks:
The Pret Apprenticeship
• Grow as a Team Member: Immerse yourself in the workplace on a hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Programme. You’ll also attend five Experience Days and complete a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard in your first 15 months
• You’ll get to choose your pathway, depending on whether you prefer food preparation in the kitchen or coffee-making as a Barista front of house. You’ll learn about customer service and coffee skills, or food production and safety in the kitchen, helping you to specialise in a role that suits your passion
• Evolve as a Leader: In your second 15 months you will progress to take on supervisory responsibility in a Pret shop, growing your leadership skills as well as confidence and knowledge of the business. You will complete a Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship as well as have access to enhanced learning through Pret’s Training Academy and Experience Days
• You will have the opportunity to progress to an Assistant/ Manager in Training, whilst completing a Level 4 Hospitality Manager Apprenticeship Standard. You can then, if motivated and identified as accelerating talent, have the opportunity to complete up to a BA Business Management Undergraduate Degree at Manchester Met University, fully funded by Pret
You can step on or off the programme annually, upon graduation. This means you can develop your career with Pret at your own pace. If you have the motivation and passion, there is opportunity to develop an excellent career in hospitality and management at Pret.
• We pay between £8.40 and £8.65 per hour (depending on your location); a salary equivalent of £15,200 – £15,700
• An additional weekly bonus of £1 per hour based on mystery shopper results (after passing an initial 12-week probation)
• Free food when working (and a 50% discount in Pret shops when you’re not)
• A permanent contract to be part of Pret’s team with no end date
• Outstanding training and development (access to Level 2, 3, 4 and Degree level apprenticeship programmes, designed to support your career development from Team Member to Manager of your own Pret shop)
• Weekly pay and paid breaks
• Support with travel expenses on public transport (after passing an initial 12-week probation)
• 28 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
• Apprentice Extra card with student discount rates
• Recommend a friend scheme
• Pret pension scheme
• Regular team events and parties
• £100 cash rewards for wowing our customers
And most importantly, you’ll be joining the Pret family where we have fun and look after each other, with plenty of ‘Joy of Pret’ social events and activities on offer throughout the year!
To find out more about Pret please go to – https://www.pretjobs.co.uk/about-us
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : You will be expected to work some early mornings, late finishes and weekends.
Weekly Wage : £294.00
Application Deadline: 14-10-2019
Possible Start Date : 21-10-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV