Trade Supplier Apprentice
This listing has expired
To support all aspects of activity within the branch. You will be providing a strong customer service focus, whilst learning & developing through gaining practical, project, & study based experience. This one year programme will lead to a Trade Supplier Level 2 NVQ.
- To provide support in all areas of the branch as requested by the Branch manager or other colleagues
- To make the most of your apprenticeship by attending all meetings relating to the scheme and take full advantage of the learning opportunities available to you
- Commit to and maximise the use of the 20% of working hours provided for “off the job” training
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic, flexible, and resilient attitude when dealing with both colleagues & customers
- To work as part of a team within the branch to meet required deadlines and or targets
- Participate fully in the day to day operation of the branch, in order to ensure that our customers receive the best customer service
- Understand that the role is a mix of all aspects of the business from office and computer based tasks, dealing with customers face to face, and on the phone. The role includes physical work (sometimes outside in all weathers) which includes lifting and moving of stock, loading of company and customer vehicles as required, together with associated roles as required
Requirements and prospects
Our Winning Ways:
- Be the best at what you do and understand your customer
Don’t pass a Problem:
- Make it a safe place to be
- Ask for help if you need it
- Take action to get things sorted
Find a Better Way
- Think differently and share new ideas
- Make smart choices
- Listen with an open mind
- Respect everyone
- Keep your word
Team up and Beat the Competition:
- Help others to be successful
- Celebrate achievements
- Work as one Grafton Team
Be our Customer Favourite:
- Go the extra mile
- Be attentive
- Make them feel valued
- Wants an interesting role with varied opportunities for possible progression and who is not afraid of hard work, and enjoys the satisfaction of doing a good job
- Is personable with a real desire to be open to the opportunities given to them
- Is flexible and adaptable as two days are never the same
- Is organised, able to manage their time effectively, keep promises and get the job done
- Understands the importance of working safely and following health and safety instructions
No formal qualifications required although a good level of literacy and numeracy would be advantageous
On completion of the apprenticeship there may be the opportunity to develop further within the business.
About the employer
Welcome to Grafton Merchanting GB, an organisation formed in April 2008 to integrate Grafton Group’s GB merchanting businesses within a single structure.
Grafton Merchanting GB is a major player in the builders and plumbers merchants industry because it brings together the majority of Grafton Group’s merchant subsidiaries in Great Britain.
In total we trade from nearly 500 locations, employ approximately 4,500 staff and have a turnover in excess of £1bn. Our businesses or ‘brands’ are leading merchants and specialists in their own fields.
These well-known brands are Buildbase, Civils & Lintels, Corgi Direct, Hendricks Lovell, Hirebase, Jacksons Building Centres, L&G Forest Products, PDM, Plumbase, Nationwide Drylining & Insulation, Secon, Electricbase, and Sparesbase.
The successful candidate will be given full on the job training alongside undertaking a Trade Supplier apprenticeship programme delivered through their dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment
- Trade Supplier Standard Level 2 apprenticeship
- Functional skills if required
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV